Why become a member? ×

what should I be looking at?

Highfox

Been using my Genz Benz 600 Streamliner for a little over a year now and just fancy a bit of a change (you know how it is)
I like the GB gear but really fancy a bit of a change.. I've had the Shuttle 6.0 and liked that and was also tempted (and still am) by the Shuttle 6.2 when it came out.
I guess a hybrid of the Shuttle and Streamliner would be ideal.

The Aguilar TH 500 is getting my attention atm, I'm looking for a slightly old school sound with a nice round and tight punchy middle with clear highs and nice lows (not after too much then lol)
Has to be something micro that can drive a 600w 2x12.. Not worried about on-board compressors, tuners etc.

Any tips which way I should be looking. Budget is around £600
I can't try before I buy, there is nothing doing locally.

[quote name='4 Strings' timestamp='1363968210' post='2020324']
The Streamliner is a great sounding amp and already fits the bill. My suggestion would be to go and learn to play modally. It will make a much bigger difference to your playing and the enjoyment will be greater and longer lasting than a subtle difference in amp sound.
[/quote]

I see your point totally and agree.
The problem is one is an easy quick fix the other isn't.
At my time in life now and the free time that I have, I just enjoy playing with the band (s) doing a bit of recording and the odd gig.. I struggle with lessons and being taught even tho I'm sure the rewards would be great.

Having used an Aguilar at the London Bass Show, I reckon it`s right up your street Don. I`ve currently got the Aggie Tone Hammer, and that can do what you`re after, when plugged into my Markbass combo, so Aggs I would definately check out.