Why become a member? ×

The Recording of Blood Sugar Sex Magik (documentary)

Fionn

An hour-long documentary film of the Red Hot Chili Peppers recording Blood Sugar Sex Magik in 1991. Pretty entertaining stuff ...

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qnkyoVCXWw[/media]

Edited by Fionn

[quote name='wombatboter' timestamp='1363944313' post='2019784']
Sorry but it would drive me crazy to hang around with these drug-orientated musicians however good the music might be...
Two days in this environment and I would pack my bass and leave ...I'd rather work and play with other people who don't seem to be somewhere else in the galaxy.
[/quote]

Em, John was on doing hard drugs, Flea was smoking some dope, the others were clean. This is pretty much the end of their drug fuelled era. apart from John, he went really mad with drugs after this.

I have this on DVD. It's pretty cool.

[quote name='MiltyG565' timestamp='1363945870' post='2019829']

Em, John was on doing hard drugs, Flea was smoking some dope, the others were clean. This is pretty much the end of their drug fuelled era. apart from John, he went really mad with drugs after this.

I have this on DVD. It's pretty cool.
[/quote]

Soz to be a geek but I've read different interviews by both John and Flea about this time and they say they were both hitting the bong hard with just weed at the time and they were really tight together as friends at this point. The tightness of the grooving on the album says the same I reckon.
It was after John quit the band that he took a nose-dive into the heavy stuff.

I've watched Funky Monks at least once a year since it was first released. If ever I find myself down in a rut creatively, this never fails to get the ju-ju flowing again :)

Sorry but it would drive me crazy to hang around with these drug-orientated musicians however good the music might be...
Two days in this environment and I would pack my bass and leave ...I'd rather work and play with other people who don't seem to be somewhere else in the galaxy.
[/quote]

What, like the Beatles? :facepalm:

[/quote]

It looks like a super creative environment to me, I would have loved it at that age. :)