Why become a member? ×

Charges

tom1946

[quote name='TurnItUp' timestamp='1363777757' post='2017332']
So do fully paid up members who love to support BC's work have to pay the marketplace subscription as well?
[/quote]

What is a "fully paid up" member? Do you mean past donations?

[quote name='TurnItUp' timestamp='1363780876' post='2017417']
As in donations very recently made, or perhaps within the year (i.e. yearly donation = subscription).
[/quote]

Ahh, but these donations were given out of love, gratitude, goodwill or guilt and they never said it bought you anything except their gratitude. Got to wipe the slate clean, this is a new regime.

If you made a big donation very recently and your nose is out of joint about it, PM a mod and talk it over. Maybe they'll see it your way and give you a free sub for a year.

[quote name='neepheid' timestamp='1363782378' post='2017454']
Ahh, but these donations were given out of love, gratitude, goodwill or guilt and they never said it bought you anything except their gratitude. Got to wipe the slate clean, this is a new regime.

If you made a big donation very recently and your nose is out of joint about it, PM a mod and talk it over. Maybe they'll see it your way and give you a free sub for a year.
[/quote]

Personally, I'm not concerned about the pricing, I just thought I'd throw it out there.

Would it not increase the subscription to BC if the donation made out of love covered advertising as well. I'm sure it has all been thought about, but hey, the world doesn't turn out of love in its own.