Why become a member? ×

2011 Precision Truss Rod

BILL POSTERS

I have a 2011 aniversary precision. Is there a special short Allen key for getting at the heel end truss rod on these?
Theres nowhere near enough room to get a standard one in the tiny little access hole unless its at a stupid angle that risks damage.

Previous Fenders I've bought have come with 2 Allen keys I think, but this came with only a bridge one.

These have a special sort-of ball-ended allen key on a long T-bar. You can just - and I mean just - get the key in there without having to remove the scratchplate, though you can risk scuffing this if you don`t. The 2011 comes with this, and 2 allen keys, one for the saddles, one for the intonation screws. I`d get back onto the retailer and ask for the full case-candy.

Hmmm, a time-of-the-month sort of large retailer perhaps?

If so was chatting to another Basschatter who tried buying a Precision from them and had similar experiences, although in fairness, that`s who I got my 2011 from, and it had the right case, and the full case-candy.

They definately gave duff info though. I`ve had 2 of the 2008 Series, and a 2012 Series, and the case-candy is identical in all of them, as stated above.

Hi Bill,
If I recall, my 2008 USA P bass was a 3/16 key. It adjusted very easily (well made necks in my experience and opinion!) with a standard allen key with the pickguard off using the long side. There's usually ebay sellers selling the T bar keys Lozz mentions but mine came with 2 small keys, saddle and truss rod.
Hope this helps,
Martin

My 2012 USA P-bass came with the 2 small allen keys and the T-bar for adjusting the truss rod, (along with all the other case stuff), so you were definitely mis-informed on that front.

and yea, 3/16 sounds right IIRC.

Edited by jackers

[quote name='Musicman20' timestamp='1363707560' post='2016262']
Matt at Fender UK is great. I've dealt with who Lozz mentioned, and had issues. So, never been back.

You should definitely get a pack with all the tools mentioned, brochures, key and duster, etc.
[/quote]

Yeah Matts been great, it wasnt that particular retailer though.

Duster ?? Hmmm.