Why become a member? ×

Help pricing up my bass?

mbellishment

Hi. I bought a Warwick Corvette $$ 5 string bass in London about 6 or 7 years ago. I'm interested in selling it at a guitar show I'm attending on Sunday, or failing that, eBay, as I want a USA Fender Jazz Deluxe 5 string. Thing is I can't remember how much I paid for the bass and can't find any of the finance paperwork for it. I know it was over £1000. Haha how bad is this?!

The serial number is K-138592-07, so the website tells me it is made from swamp ash with an ovangkol neck and a black nirvana oil finish, however I don't know where it was made as there is nothing marked on the guitar. I've looked for the model online, but prices vary drastically, from £6/700 upto £3000.

Does anyone know what this bass would cost new, so I can work out what I may be able to get for it to help purchase said Fender?

Any help would be appreciated x

Your bass was made in Germany in 2007.

As to value... your lowest price is pretty much what you will get. PLEASE don't make the mistake of contacting Warwick (no disrespect Warwick) and asking for a value; it is worth what someone will pay and a good way is to search on Basschat for past prices.

Less than £650 - http://basschat.co.uk/topic/194086-fsft-feeler-warwick-corvette-5-rare-colour-traded/page__p__1903254__hl__warwick%20corvette%20$$ 5__fromsearch__1#entry1903254

£570 - http://basschat.co.uk/topic/189900-for-sale-warwick-streamer/page__hl__warwick+corvette+%26%23036%3B%26%23036%3B+5__fromsearch__1

£650 - http://basschat.co.uk/topic/169227-price-drop-fs-warwick-corvette-5-nirvana-black-finish-l650/page__p__1829271__hl__warwick%20corvette%20$$ 5__fromsearch__1#entry1829271

That was the first 3 $$ 5 strings that I could find on a quick search. ;)

[quote name='warwickhunt' timestamp='1363303514' post='2011465']
That was the first 3 $$ 5 strings that I could find on a quick search. ;)
[/quote]

Ok mate thanks for your help. As I say I looked through google shopping results for "Warwick Corvette $$ 5 string swamp ash" and I saw several that looked identical to mine at totally varying prices. Just thought I'd pop on here for some friendly advice is all. Cheers :)

The thing that bemuses me with Warwicks is how the NT Thumbs hold their value when every other model seem to lose value almost daily. I sold my Dolphin (about £3k new??) for less than £800 - seemed like robbery at the time, especially as they compare very favourably with most of the competition..

[b][size=5]A wise man would probably be buying up Warwicks and locking them away for 10-15 years till their (commercial) value returns. [/size][/b]

Of course none of us will..