Why become a member? ×

Iron Maiden brewing a beer

JamesBass

[quote name='seashell' timestamp='1363164292' post='2009327']
Soemone I know did a gig with Paul Dianno years after his IM days. He said he saw a roadie lacing him into a corset minutes before going on. :(
Can't verify this of course.
[/quote]

Wouldn't surprise me. A singer in an old band of mine was good mates with Dianno's manager and met him quite a few times. He was virtually unrecognisable from the Iron Maiden days by the 90's and onward. He woud send his manager out to Europe looking for a half decent IM tribute act, hire them (sans singer) and then book live dates with them backing PD doing older IM songs. He did have his own bands doing original material after IM but none were particularly successful. I've heard quite a few fans say they were a much better live act with PD but I doubt anyone could realistically say that he was a better singer than Bruce. They made a very calculated risk to get a singer they thought would take them to a higher level and it paid off in spades.

[quote name='KevB' timestamp='1363253464' post='2010363']
Wouldn't surprise me. A singer in an old band of mine was good mates with Dianno's manager and met him quite a few times. He was virtually unrecognisable from the Iron Maiden days by the 90's and onward. He woud send his manager out to Europe looking for a half decent IM tribute act, hire them (sans singer) and then book live dates with them backing PD doing older IM songs. He did have his own bands doing original material after IM but none were particularly successful. I've heard quite a few fans say they were a much better live act with PD but I doubt anyone could realistically say that he was a better singer than Bruce. They made a very calculated risk to get a singer they thought would take them to a higher level and it paid off in spades.
[/quote]

Yep one of the guys here at work says that PD is the better singer... I've never disagreed as he's my bosses boss. I've never agreed either though :lol:

[quote name='Dr.Dave' timestamp='1363163448' post='2009313']
Seriously - The first time I saw I M , Steve sang because their singer at the time , Paul Dianno , had a bad throat. When I met Steve after a gig at which Paul sang a couple of months later I told him they should get rid of him because he (Steve) had done a better job and that they were sh*te with Paul.

The look he gave Dave Murray and some mangement bloke with them tells me this was not news to the band.
[/quote]

was that the Unity Hall gig in Wakefield?