Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Frantic Four - can't wait til Friday

BobVbass

So I'm off to see the proper Quo on Friday (and Saturday :)) at Hammersmith just been looking at the you tubes of Wolverhampton and Manchester and they look in brilliant form; Nuff despite his illness and frailty can still bloody play and (all respect to Rhino) the soul seems to have returned to the band. No rocking all over the world, no margeritas or oriental or bridges just pre '74 songs played the way they should be - and April Spring Summer and Wednesdays in the set as well :)

I can't wait til Friday

Saw them on Sunday at the Academy in Glasgow. Absolutely fantastic.

I would've paid the ticket money just to hear them play Big Fat Mamma.

Alan is looking a bit frail and Rick was a bit red and sweaty but what a performance. John still looks just as frantic on the drums as he always did.

If you like the early Quo then you'll love it. I wish I was going to see them again

yes great album, as was Hello and Quo, Blue for you as well; real variation and some great songs - A year from Piledriver is about as far from the stereotypical Quo song as you could get.

It's easy to forget with the 90s pastiche they became just what a fine rock band they were in the 70s - they were quite a shock to the quaint music scene at the time and you could argue gave punk a bit of a feeder as well. It all started to go wrong with Rockin all over the World...damn you Fogerty :)

Edited by bob_pickard