Why become a member? ×

That rare moment

fumps

Last night I had the house to myself so the TV was not switched on & I just sat & played bass all night. I played a few songs & played along with them and also stuck some trance tunes on & jammed along with them.
I was happily playing & then I noticed I was smiling to myself.
It took me a few moments to realise why I was smiling, then it hit me that this is the best sound I've ever had on bass, the tone was spot on the fact that I could change the sound in one sweep of a knob on my bass and the whole thing can sound like a totally different bass set up.........It's the first time I have noticed how contented I am with the gear that I have. I have no Gas to speak of......I am happy :)

It's a rare moment in life when you feel that there is no more I can do, no more things I can buy to make me any happier. I do love effects pedals & experimenting with sounds, but as a clean pure bass sound, I honestly don't have any compulsion to change what I have.

Good times :D ....very good times

lol
I was not even sure I was there until last night, I've always spent personal practice time trying to tweak sounds & thinking ....."Aww it'll be reet I'll sort it some other time". But last night it occurred to me I have not done that for nearly a year. I've reached a bass related level of dandy-ness that I dare not dream exists.

All is good in the world....also added to this I have just realised it's Friday ........I thought it was Thursday ....whoohoo!

This deserves a nee norrr

[i]**Ahem..........Neeee nooooorrrr neeeee nooooorrrr[/i]

[quote name='fumps' timestamp='1362740879' post='2004013']...[i]**Ahem..........Neeee nooooorrrr neeeee nooooorrrr[/i]
[/quote]

...and thus were triggered the Sirens of Doom, resonating throughout the realm in discordant unison...

'WOOOOOAAAAAAIIIIIIII.....WOOOOOAAAAAAIIIIIIII....'

...until the blessed sound of the Last Trump calls for peace and quiet once more.

Thank you, fumps; thank you very much. :mellow:

[quote name='Dad3353' timestamp='1362746799' post='2004134']
...and thus were triggered the Sirens of Doom, resonating throughout the realm in discordant unison...

'WOOOOOAAAAAAIIIIIIII.....WOOOOOAAAAAAIIIIIIII....'

...until the blessed sound of the Last Trump calls for peace and quiet once more.

Thank you, fumps; thank you very much. :mellow:
[/quote]
I did the Last trump last night.......I was a little worried afterwards :sorry:

[quote name='fumps' timestamp='1362736850' post='2003934']
Last night I had the house to myself so the TV was not switched on & I just sat & played bass all night. I played a few songs & played along with them and also stuck some trance tunes on & jammed along with them.
I was happily playing & then I noticed I was smiling to myself.
It took me a few moments to realise why I was smiling, then it hit me that this is the best sound I've ever had on bass, the tone was spot on the fact that I could change the sound in one sweep of a knob on my bass and the whole thing can sound like a totally different bass set up.........It's the first time I have noticed how contented I am with the gear that I have. I have no Gas to speak of......I am happy :)

It's a rare moment in life when you feel that there is no more I can do, no more things I can buy to make me any happier. I do love effects pedals & experimenting with sounds, but as a clean pure bass sound, I honestly don't have any compulsion to change what I have.

Good times :D ....very good times
[/quote]
How long before this ends up in the "Basschat Famous Quotes" thread??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Enjoy it while it lasts...