Why become a member? ×

We need a track to mix for March....

51m0n

[quote name='cheddatom' timestamp='1362608004' post='2002214']

If you need anything specific just ask, I can always go back through it. I've gone for 44K 16bit WAVs, I hope that's OK with everyone

[/quote]

Would it be too much hassle to ask for 44k/24bit - or were the stems originally recorded in 16 bit?

It should be 246 Mb in total

I'm not sure what format it was recorded in sorry, I'll check later, I was just trying to save on file size... it'll take about an hour to re-export all the stems but I don't mind doing it if it'll make a difference :)

OK, it's on my music system at home but will do my best to sort it out tonight, either just a post to say "recorded at 16 bit" or I'll re-do the stems

I did start recording everything at 24bit at some point but I'm not sure if this song falls into that window

I really like this track! Sounds like a lot of fun to work with - and great that we seem to be exploring different genres each month.

I'm still insanely busy at work (will be until end of financial year - i.e. April) and likely to struggle with the mix challenge as well as the composition comp - and I have to admit that composition is my first love. But... I'll do my damndest to have a crack at this, even if it is a rush job like last month :)

PS: a single zip download is my prefenece (more convenient than downloading individual stems one at a time). Happy with 16 or 24-bit... it's a level playing field either way.

[quote name='51m0n' timestamp='1362670087' post='2003119']Cant wait for the country [b]and [/b]western month :D[/quote]

Yeee-hawww, pardner! Actually we shouldn't joke... it'll probably happen :blink:

PS: if we ever want to mess with some electronica, I can probably lay hands on stems from some published artists that'd be happy to have their stuff mixed by us folk. I also have a mate who plays for a brass band in North Wales (who have recorded stuff in the past), which might make for an interesting challenge one month!

haha, sorry, the guitarist is definitely as least a "co producer" on this album, I prefer to keep it simple. I love the result though!

Also, my apologies to all, it was recorded in 16bit so what you've got is all I can do

Edited by cheddatom

Not a problem chap, same for everyone.

When I get a chance (over the weekend) I will set up the official March thread with the new blind listening scheme rules:-

[color=#ff0000][size=5]** NO ONE POST A LINK TO THEIR MIX IN ANY THREAD: PM ME WITH THEM INSTEAD **[/size][/color]

Edited by 51m0n

[quote name='51m0n' timestamp='1362741105' post='2004018']When I get a chance (over the weekend) I will set up the official March thread... [/quote]

Nice one Si. Please include a link to the stems as my dumb ass doesn't seem to be able to find it.

PS: can I suggest that we set the deadline for the first week in April - say, Friday 5th? - given the late start this month (and because I'm angling for extra time!! :D).

OK so the official March competition thread is now open here:-

http://basschat.co.uk/topic/202023-march-mix-competition/

When you have finished your mix, PM me a link to it. Feel free to discuss your progress in the main thread as much as you like, but we wont hear your work until you are finished. I wont vote, but I will enter (only way to be fair since I may be able to tell whose is whose after all!

Good luck one and all!

[quote name='Twigman' timestamp='1362868005' post='2005727']
Despite this being an alien genre for me I have really enjoyed doing this!

Almost done!
[/quote]

out of interest, what genre do you think this is? I haven't a clue!! Can't wait to hear your mix :)