Why become a member? ×

Ibanez Blazer lined fretless '81 all original - SOLD

Ghost_Bass

Hi, i've got this lovely bass recently from Matt over here on BC but a recent GAS attack means that i have to part with it. It pays wonderfully, the sound is full and with lots of output. It's all original and has the condition expected from an almost 32 year old bass. It was built on December of 81. Here are some crappy pics (scroll down for more pics on a further post):

I currently don't own this hardcase, i gave it to a friend to ship a bass in because i wasn't thinking about selling this one ever (it's my birth year bass) but i'll try to find something safe and suitable for shipping. The bass is currently strung with a new set of D'Addario halfrounds.

I'm looking to get back the money i payed for it including shipping costs so this could be yours for [s][b]£280+P&P[/b][/s] anywhere in the UK/EU. No trades this time please.

[color=#FF0000][size=6][b]SOLD!!! [/b][/size][/color]

Regards
Marco

Edited by Ghost_Bass

[quote name='mattbass6' timestamp='1362055997' post='1995041']
PS Where are you based?
[/quote]

It's under my avatar, Portugal but the bass will be carefully packed for shipping. I'll try to source out a cheap harcase to protect it. My price already includes shipping costs anywhere in the EU

cheers

[quote name='mattbass6' timestamp='1362055944' post='1995039']
If I could sell mine and this is still available, I'll be in touch. Just what I'm looking for.
[/quote]

You better hurry, if i loose the chance i have to grab the other deal i might pull this out ;)

This sure brings back memories...when I started as a bassplayer more than thirty years ago I didn't have a lot of money but I wanted a fretless so bad.
This was the only fretless the local musicshop had but I couldn't afford it so countless times I passed by the shopwindow to have a glance at a bass which looked exactly like this one....Finally I was able to buy it and it was the fretless I learned to play on...fullfilled all my expectations.

• 4 weeks later...

[quote name='Truckstop' timestamp='1362061113' post='1995148']
You rang?!

Ha ha oh I wish I didn't need a 5er instead right now :( I seriously miss my Blazers.

Truckstop
[/quote]

Mmm, What did I tell you!! :)

To anyone looking at this bass, as Alex will tell you - Truly Great!
These things are "Sleepers" Not widely publicised but anyone who has played one, will know.

Good luck with the sale.

Cheers. :)

Thanks for all the good comments.

I'm now accepting trade offers but there's got to be some cash comming my way whatever the trade. I'm not really looking for a specific peace of gear appart from a Darkglass B3K but try me with anything, worst case scenario is me saying no ;)

Cheers

Hi, this is the only recording i have from it but i played it in a more "normal" way without doing tremolos or slides. Please disregard the content of the recording in anything musically related, it was only a first recording of the theme just to set the structure of the song ;)

EDIT: i attached a mp3 file to this post but i think it doesn't work. any clues as how can i do it?

Edited by Ghost_Bass

[quote name='Ghost_Bass' timestamp='1365698981' post='2043207']
Hi, this is the only recording i have from it but i played it in a more "normal" way without doing tremolos or slides. Please disregard the content of the recording in anything musically related, it was only a first recording of the theme just to set the structure of the song ;)
EDIT: i attached a mp3 file to this post but i think it doesn't work. any clues as how can i do it?
[/quote]
[quote name='Ghost_Bass' timestamp='1365699227' post='2043210']
I think i got it now ;)
[attachment=132246:fell in love with a boy - joss stone (by Grooves).mp3]
[/quote]

Thanks dude, it sounds really lovely in the mix there! Really vintage-y warm p sound, how is it for 'mwah' factor?

[quote name='andydye' timestamp='1365754437' post='2043818']
Thanks dude, it sounds really lovely in the mix there! Really vintage-y warm p sound, how is it for 'mwah' factor?
[/quote]

The "muah" factor is what can be expected from a split coil, not close to what can be obtained from a bridge J pickup but unplugged it's all there. I believe that adding a pickup on the bridge position will make this a monstrous bass but i can't bring myself to take a router to this bass, it just sounds right as it is

cheers