Why become a member? ×

virtual synth

thunderider

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]The NI pro-53 does run in stand alone mode, so it can be used without a DAW.[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]But you will need an Audio/MIDI Interface - Using the onboard card will more than likely have to much Latency.[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Just a matter of directing the NI pro towards the O[/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]xygen8 MIDI drivers, and whatever Audio card you are using.[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]With so little info from you thunderider, you might be better off looking in the NI pro-53 help file for MIDI set up.[/font][/color]

Look in the Audio/Midi settings (should be in the Utilities folder)

I used to use the NI - B4II with a keyboard as a stand alone application. Worked fine,

You might need the keyboard's driver from here:
[url="http://www.m-audio.com/index.php?do=support&tab=driver"]http://www.m-audio.com/index.php?do=support&tab=driver[/url]

• 1 month later...

IIRC Enigma is a control editor for M-Audio keyboards rather than a driver. I have an Oxygen keyboard and the driver was a separate download to Enigma, but I have a PC.
I don't have a significant latency issue using ASIO4all and pro53 or Reason on a laptop. Don't know if there is anything like it for the Mac though.