Why become a member? ×

Sold !! Classic 70/80's H/H 2 X 15 Bass cab, gone to a good understanding caring home in la Belle France

itsat34

[quote name='Jimryan' timestamp='1362765495' post='2004571']
If only I still had my old IC100S head, that would've sounded perfect.
[/quote]

And if i still had my old vs bass head Id snap this up. Ah the comforting green glow....

[quote name='lonestar' timestamp='1365145838' post='2035831']
And if i still had my old vs bass head Id snap this up. Ah the comforting green glow....
[/quote]

Ahhh yes

We didn't worry so much about radiation poisoning in the sevnties....................

Wiping a nostalgic tear here - heard my VS on a few recordings recently - wondrous (to be honest, every bit as good as the vastly overpriced/undersized gear I use now). If I could get a VS plus this cab...(and a van and a warehouse and two roadies)...

[quote name='itsat34' timestamp='1365147708' post='2035852']

Ahhh yes

We didn't worry so much about radiation poisoning in the sevnties....................
[/quote]

No and my kids find the extra eye and tentacles come in quite handy

This kind of deal makes me (almost...) regret having moved to France. Superb vintage quality. Could be filled with helium to help with handling, but for a studio, or rehearsal room, no need to shift it. All that, and nostalgia too..! A real bargain.

[quote name='lonestar' timestamp='1366833579' post='2057946']No they can count....[/quote]

Wotchit, lonestar; that's the fourth time you've come out with these sly 'digs' at drummers..! One day you'll get your comeuppance; one day...

:lol:

Oh no not another angry mob storming Lonestar towers with fiery torches and hi-hat stands. Oh hang on they'll never be able to negotiate the A11 Stump cross double roundabout and town one way system. Phew that's a relief !

In all seriousness though if we didn't have a go at drummers everyone would pick on the bass player.

PS Dad3353 someone has swapped your bass for a drum kit in your avatar.

[quote name='lonestar' timestamp='1366876800' post='2058299']...someone has swapped your bass for a drum kit in your avatar.[/quote]

Yes, that was me. The kit hides more of me than does the bass...

[attachment=133456:Dad1_Hofn.jpg]

...and there's even more of me now than when that pic was taken... :blush:

[quote name='itsat34' timestamp='1366892337' post='2058608']
What you need is a nice, large H/H bass bin to hide behind..........................

(worth a try)
[/quote]

Very good.
I can't beleive no one has bought this yet.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I live on the Wirral, that's a problem. I would have this if I were nearer but the round trip would cost a lot of money.

A cab like this was my first bass cab, 1985, it sounded awful with my McGregor Bassman amp. With the Bass Baby that the guy who sold it to me, while playing his Wal fretless through it, it sounded incredible.

I don't suppose you are planning to make a trip up north anytime soon?