Why become a member? ×

Sold !! Classic 70/80's H/H 2 X 15 Bass cab, gone to a good understanding caring home in la Belle France

itsat34

I can't sleep at night...........................,

I'm off my food........................

and even a monster-strength triple Vindaloo with extra Domestos seems tame.......................

therefore the price is lowered to an unbelievable, incredible, unrepeatable 55 squid or something nearby...............

I'll be coming to England towards the end of the year. This, however, must surely be sold to someone before then..? If not, I'll take it (at the higher price; these reductions are getting silly...). I shall wait and bide my time.
Come on, someone; snap this up before I get inspired to buy a ferry ticket..!

This is not a threat, it's a promise.

Hmmm

I drive through northern France every two weeks;

through Lille, if thats any help..............

(Otherwise, the thing will slowly destroy the floorboards and head towards the earths fiery core..........)

[quote name='itsat34' timestamp='1370592667' post='2103069']
Hmmm

I drive through northern France every two weeks;

through Lille, if thats any help..............

(Otherwise, the thing will slowly destroy the floorboards and head towards the earths fiery core..........)
[/quote]

It's a long drive for me (about 800 kms, round trip...), but do-able. PM me a few dates, and we'll see what we can do. ([i]Not for your sake, of course; I'm just concerned for the poor Chinese when this thing comes up through thir floorboards..! :P [/i])

Seriously; I'll need a bit of advance warning, but I'm game... (SHMBO will go crackers, but that can't be helped. It's always the way with important stuff such as bass cabs an' all. Not the fist time, surely not the last..! :unsure: )

PMs replied to, and we may have 'lift off' shortly. All systems go. We're green.
My good lady is going to be surprised.
Hmmm... Rabbit hutch, you say..? Chicken coop..? Stable and box for horses and carriage..? I'll have to think of something. Any (clean;she's not that sort...) ideas, lads (and lasses...)..?
Perhaps even especially the lasses. How could this be smuggled past your keen gaze..? Any bright ideas for 'selling' the concept to SHMBO..? :unsure:

Indeed! looks like "Giggles" will soon have a new home

(so named as its a loada fun to move about)

I still think Garden Shed is a good*un..............although be a shame to paint it, the Vinyl used is super tough in mock Alligator pattern (wierd)

Look forward to meeting you Douglas

A Bientot!

[quote name='lonestar' timestamp='1371058993' post='2109324']...will miss the highly enjoyable posts...[/quote]

Why would that be..? Nothing to prevent posting here ad infinitum (although I can't guarantee the 'enjoyable' part... :unsure: )

[quote name='lonestar' timestamp='1371058993' post='2109324']...What's French for chiropractor ?[/quote]

Is this some kind of 'in' joke..? What exactly are you insinuating here..? Why would one want to know the French for chiropractor ([i]chiropraticien, apparently[/i]...)..? Is there something I should know about..? :huh:

[quote name='Dad3353' timestamp='1371061744' post='2109399']

Why would that be..? Nothing to prevent posting here ad infinitum (although I can't guarantee the 'enjoyable' part... :unsure: )

Is this some kind of 'in' joke..? What exactly are you insinuating here..? Why would one want to know the French for chiropractor ([i]chiropraticien, apparently[/i]...)..? Is there something I should know about..? :huh:
[/quote]

2 x15 pre neomydium cab; keep your back straight and bend the knees :)

Any of you play with drummers..? Have you tried lifting the drummers hardware case..? Neodymium is for wimps, old ladies and bassists. The bass head is a DR203, in a pucka flight case. It's heavy, too. Quality stuff is heavy. Either that or flipping expensive..!
With 4 dates in the present year, and assuming that this cab gets 'invited' to all of them, we'll just have to lump it, I reckon. I need to lose a few kilos, anyway... :blush:
([i]Of course, it's easy to say all that, the last time I came across these cabs I was a fit young fellow, 25 years old. I may well be back to 'edit' this post at the end of next week[/i]... :lol: )

Ha!

just got off the phone with "Scammel stupendously Big Crane Hire" to arrange for loading Giggles into the car for next week.

Can't see what all the fuss is about...........

Last time I lifted thsi cab was a few weeks ago ....

(stitches come out on Monday)

Hi Douglas,

mission sucessfully accomplished!

The springs on my Mondeo breath a sigh of relief,
Giggle moves on to pastures new and French.....

Great to meet you both on Wednesday, even though the Thunder Gods followed me all the way back to Germany!

I'm sure that Giggles will bring your audience and you an abundance of extremely loud low frequecies and and regular usage of Deep Heat, repectively.......

Pleasure to do business with you,

Now

must start replacing those broken floorboards where it stood.......................

Martin

Odd..! This thread wa slocked the other day, when I wanted to update on the success of the mission. Not to be outdone, I started another thread ( :P ...), which can be found here ...

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/210496-giggles-in-france/page__fromsearch__1"]http://basschat.co.uk/topic/210496-giggles-in-france/page__fromsearch__1[/url]

...for those wishing to pursue this subject.

As for the meet-up with Martin, I can confirm that all was well, weatherwise, until we got within 50 kms of the bloke. It didn't stop raining until we were quite some distance away. I don't know what he did to deserve this perpetual storm, but it certainly has rankled with someone 'up there'.
'Giggles' will be put to the test this week-end, I hope, when we're back from our 'Fête de la Musique' gig (this evening, if you're interested..? 21h00, Pub 'Ray Vaughan', Mayenne... No..? Never mind...).
A detail I forgot to ask, and of little importance, was the impedance. It's 4 ohm, which means we can't use it concommittently with the Ampeg 4x10. Not a problem, but I would have liked to try them together. Oh well...
Enormous thanks and heaps of kudos to Martin for having gone (literally...) so far to get this transaction done smoothly. A nice fellow all round; thumbs up.