Why become a member? ×

Danny Baker's Great Album Showdown

WalMan

on iPlayer [url="http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/search?q=Danny%20Baker%27s%20Great%20Album%20Showdown"]HERE[/url] (hopefully)

Anyone else watched these? I have watched the Pop & Rock ones so far and have R&B on the +Box to come back too.

From the two I've seen so far, good shows with intelligent chat about music and some interesting snippets. I always thought J Clarkson was a major AOR/Prog fan, but he is also a closet punk & well into The Clash. Who'dathunk?

More BBC :i-m_so_happy:

Watched all three myself and thoroughly enjoyed them :)

...although Danny Baker does get on my wick at times. Nothing against the bloke in particular; I just thought there were times when he should have shut up and let his guests do some of the talking. But that's a minor gripe.

This is also worth catching while it's on iPlayer - 'When Albums Ruled the World':

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01qhn70/When_Albums_Ruled_the_World/

[quote name='spongebob' timestamp='1361292985' post='1984073']
Nice to see 'The Hissing Of Summer Lawns' in there.....but they should have gone for a Jaco one!
[/quote]
I was listening to the radio the other day and they were talking about Coyote by Joni Mitchell. The conversation went like this: That's the one with Jaco Pastorius on. Yes. Didn't he play that double neck guitar? Yes, he played an Alembic.

Edited by BetaFunk