Why become a member? ×

Sound Control

ednaplate

Was speaking to one of the guys in the Edinburgh shop last week - there's potentially a Norwegian company interested, who were looking at the Glasgow shop which may, or may not, lead to an offer (but unsure if that's just for the Glasgow one or for more shops)

Beyond that nada

Cheers
Fraser

Well. Arbiter has announced that it has taken over distribution of Schecter and Spector: [url="http://www.mi-pro.co.uk/news/29507/Arbiter-announces-new-lines-for-music-fair"]details[/url].

[quote]Spector basses and Schecter guitars needed a new UK home, and Arbiter will now be handling both of them, which the company assures will now be available to the wider UK MI industr[/quote]

This is good, was always fedup of having to go there if I wanted to see these.

From a business sense, the company with it's debts isn't a thrilling prospect, but if they actually *own* some buildings that the stores are in (remember, some of those shops have been around for a while, only been bought out by other companies) they (individual shops) could be a nice buying prospect as you won't be having to deal with SC's problems, but you then have the issue of setting up all the industry links, building and maintaining a brand, getting stock and staff etc.....

[quote name='Mike' post='204357' date='May 22 2008, 03:33 PM']I was in the London one the other day and they seemed really short on guitar and bass stock![/quote]

the one in Zavvi? SO was I - very low on bass stuff and looked like they were moving stuff OUT of it!