Why become a member? ×

Stair trolleys

charic

Just got my new cab back home and the first thing i realise is that it's a bit too wide to use the handles on my staircase (bloody narrow thing that it is).

Has anyone got any cheaper recommendations than this?
http://www.paperstone.co.uk/prod_53561_1742-1748-5031_RelX-Stair-Climbing-Stack-Truck-75kg-Capacity.aspx?utm_source=googlebase&utm_medium=comparsionshopping&utm_campaign=googleproducts&p1=3iFqN7zLnYw1&gclid=CM3Qg7DyurUCFczHtAodzhAA1g

I've got something very similar to that, bought in order to be able to get my EBS Pro-line 4x10 cab up the stairs on my own. It's doable, but with the combined weight of the trolley and the cab it takes me at least 5 minutes to get them up the 17 stairs in my flat and leaves me feeling absolutely knackered by the time I've got it to the top.

A good idea that is very hard work in practice.

[quote name='BigRedX' timestamp='1361023303' post='1979913']
I've got something very similar to that, bought in order to be able to get my EBS Pro-line 4x10 cab up the stairs on my own. It's doable, but with the combined weight of the trolley and the cab it takes me at least 5 minutes to get them up the 17 stairs in my flat and leaves me feeling absolutely knackered by the time I've got it to the top.

A good idea that is very hard work in practice.
[/quote]

Something to think about cheers

The stair lift is not such a stupid idea. When my poor Mum passed away we had to clear the house and as she had a stair lift fitted we put it on ebay. As my Mum refused to use it, it was virtually brand new. Only one person was interested and they got it for £50. Not an item that people want it would seem so might be a cheap answer to your dilema.

Edited by bertbass

[quote name='bertbass' timestamp='1361050886' post='1980514']
The stair lift is not such a stupid idea.
[/quote]

Perhaps not, but not really practical either IMO. What about gig venues where the live
music is upstairs.....sometimes maybe two flights ? :o

Not much use here.

• 2 weeks later...

I've got a collapsible but standard hand trolley and any Londoners who use them on the tube will agree that a three wheel stair version like this would be a God send!! There I am cruising along happy and back pain free - the my heart fills with dread as I see an upcoming staircase to conquer!

If the one in the link was collapsible I would kick myself twice for buying a standard one. I'm trying to resist googling 'collabsible stair climbing trolley' right now :-/

Regarding the stairs; I'm certain something can be built to make this easier. Just can't think what it is right now!! :-/

Hope you can find a solution before a slipped disk! Be careful out there dude!!

Edited by Ashwood1985