Why become a member? ×

New Bass

dmccombe7

[quote name='chrismuzz' timestamp='1360512374' post='1971482']
Good choice! I prefer passive basses myself, just put in an order for another 6 string Grind for my new band :D Only problem is I have no idea when they'll get it in stock!
[/quote]

some piccies of your own basses would be nice. Quite a collection of weird tunings too. :rolleyes:
Dave

[quote name='dmccombe7' timestamp='1360908485' post='1978154']
some piccies of your own basses would be nice. Quite a collection of weird tunings too. :rolleyes:
Dave
[/quote]

The more weird tunings I play in, the more basses I have an excuse to own ;) The next one will be in C F Bb Eb G# C#. I'll do a group photo when they arrive!

[quote name='dmccombe7' timestamp='1361214303' post='1982965']
Nothing here. Have you attached a photo ? hasn't appeared if you could try again.
Appreciated
Dave
[/quote]

The site I host images from was down for a lot of the day, they should be up now! If so, you need to put yours up too! :D

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='dmccombe7' timestamp='1361310354' post='1984491']
back on and they are quite a collection of Peavey's 4, 5 & 6 stringers too.

Like the black one :D

Do you have a particular fav ?

Dave
[/quote]

The black 6 string has the best neck and fretwork EVER. Not a single QC issue with this bass whatsoever, which has apparently been common with the Grind bass. Sounds great with the stock strings too (D'Addario nickels). The only thing I dislike about it is that you cannot lower the action as ridiculously low as I like it at the bridge, so I will be taking it to a decent luthier to have a few millimetres routed out where the bridge goes. Then it will be perfect!

Soundwise (and lookswise!), the Zodiac on the far right is the winner easily.

The International Series on the far left is my first bass. The neck is warped and the frets have been eaten to shreds but it's got a special place in my heart. The most comfortable to play too!

ANYWAYS...

You still haven't posted pictures of yours :D