Why become a member? ×

"The Beatles!"

gsgbass

[quote name='Lowender' timestamp='1360676740' post='1974375']
Bach has been the most influential musician of the last 400 years.

Yet, you may not "like" his music. That doesn't mean he is overrated and thinking so is just ignorance and saying so is just posturing.

Are we done now?
[/quote]

Exactly my point.

[quote name='Perennial' timestamp='1360675014' post='1974312']
You shouldn't base your musical taste on a bands fan base. You've got it wrong from the beginning there pal.
[/quote]
erm did you read my post properly ?
is it actually difficult to understand? [i]"One of the"[/i] part of a sentence usually gives it away to being more reason :huh: So in a way you have proven my point by not actually reading my post you just assumed that I'm wrong because I'm not a fan of the Beatles......pal !
:lol: :lol: :lol:

[quote name='risingson' timestamp='1360677477' post='1974402']
Give it a rest now. 21 posts in and you're in at the deep end, post something constructive. Do you have a favourite Beatles tune maybe?

Here's another belter

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PN9n1bAahg4[/media]
[/quote]

I actually don't like the Beatles that much but boy are they good and influential.

[quote name='Lowender' timestamp='1360676740' post='1974375']
Bach has been [b]the[/b] most influential musician of the last 400 years.[/quote]

Is that documented fact? From his contemporaries or shortly after - or something accepted by classical experts? As opposed to Beethoven, Strauss, Litsz, Wagner etc
Serious question, honest.

[quote name='Big_Stu' timestamp='1360676398' post='1974357']
Aaah, ...... you mean like Sid Vicious? ;) :P
[/quote]

Could be, though I was thinking of Adam Clayton. Same principle though.

But we'd best not digress or we'll be arguing about Mustang Sally or Brown Eyed Girl again. ;)

In fact, perhaps the mods should consider adding the Beatles and Mustang Sally to politics, religion and sexism as topics to be avoided lest it all descends into name calling. :lol:

[quote name='risingson' timestamp='1360677824' post='1974415']
Oh come on now, everyone has a favourite Beatles tune! Even my dad does, he claims to hate them.
[/quote]

In the very depths of my divorce, which was especially nasty on her part I once cried when I heard "Carry That Weight". Does that count?

[quote name='flyfisher' timestamp='1360677774' post='1974412']

In fact, perhaps the mods should consider adding the Beatles and Mustang Sally to politics, religion and sexism as topics to be avoided lest it all descends into name calling. :lol:
[/quote]

Lol, good idea

[quote name='Big_Stu' timestamp='1360677655' post='1974409']
Is that documented fact? From his contemporaries or shortly after - or something accepted by classical experts? As opposed to Beethoven, Strauss, Litsz, Wagner etc
Serious question, honest.
[/quote]

Who do you want to "document" it that would satisfy you?

Yes, it is accepted by classical experts. Every other composer you mentioned were influenced by Bach. Any other questions?

Admit it -- you're try trying to be provocative now. If you don't understand the Beatles or Bach and their importance, that's fine. But don't pass off a lack of understanding as insight. It's just silly.

[quote name='risingson' timestamp='1360681424' post='1974513']
Great stuff. The other tune that gets me with its level of complexity is this one, such a lot to cram into a song under 2 minutes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qE2Vdcv9Q_o
[/quote]

Wow that was great. I usually avoid the Lennon solo stuff but this was interesting. A little Zappa.