Why become a member? ×

will this go ok with the GK 212 combo?

ReeV0

hi guys,
i think i've finally decided to go with the GK neo 1001/212 combo. now since there are 2x12 speakers in it, i could either get another 2x12 cab which will lock into place underneath it and fit perfectly. or could i buy the GK neo 410 cab to put underneath it? i'd quite like to have some punchy 10s as well as 12s instead of all 12s.
please could you tell me if this would work? (i.e. not topple over)
many thnaks

[quote name='jjl5590' post='203259' date='May 20 2008, 09:12 PM']hi guys,
i think i've finally decided to go with the GK neo 1001/212 combo. now since there are 2x12 speakers in it, i could either get another 2x12 cab which will lock into place underneath it and fit perfectly. or could i buy the GK neo 410 cab to put underneath it? i'd quite like to have some punchy 10s as well as 12s instead of all 12s.
please could you tell me if this would work? (i.e. not topple over)
many thnaks[/quote]

Oh excellent choice Sir. I would love to hear this rig sometime if you fancy coming to one of the Bassbashes. I've just sold on my GK RB700 1x15 combo and a matching 2x10RBH cab. Normally I would suggest that the 2x10 would be a great way to add punch but I didn't find my 2x10 was that punchy. :) Having said that, it wasn't a Neo cab either. Maybe the Neo cab might be punchier? (Do they make one?)

yes they do make one, but im just concerned about the dimensions. i want it all to be able to stack nicely, and so far i am only 100% sure that 2 neo 212s will stack. the neo 410 is wider and so the interlocking corners wont match up, and i'm worried the 212 will fall off the 410 (if im not careful).
with the neo 210, i wouldnt really know where to put it. rather than being too long, it is 1.5 inches too short to stack underneath properly.

this is the site i'm getting my info from: [url="http://www.rmcaudio.com/gallien-krueger/gk-cabinets.htm"]http://www.rmcaudio.com/gallien-krueger/gk-cabinets.htm[/url]

Edited by jjl5590

[quote name='jjl5590' post='203287' date='May 20 2008, 09:53 PM']and so the interlocking corners wont match up,[/quote]
I found this with the 210RBH and the combo, the corners were out by about 15mm. Doesn't make any sense to me whatsoever.

[quote name='jjl5590' post='203287' date='May 20 2008, 09:53 PM']yes they do make one, but im just concerned about the dimensions. i want it all to be able to stack nicely, and so far i am only 100% sure that 2 neo 212s will stack. the neo 410 is wider and so the interlocking corners wont match up, and i'm worried the 212 will fall off the 410 (if im not careful).
with the neo 210, i wouldnt really know where to put it. rather than being too long, it is 1.5 inches too short to stack underneath properly.

this is the site i'm getting my info from: [url="http://www.rmcaudio.com/gallien-krueger/gk-cabinets.htm"]http://www.rmcaudio.com/gallien-krueger/gk-cabinets.htm[/url][/quote]
The 212 is narrower so will sit on the 410 fine, I wouldn't worry! My 4x8 combo has castors and sits on top of a 4x8 cab of exactly the same dimensions, the castors are right on the corners but it's fine :)

[quote name='jjl5590' post='203580' date='May 21 2008, 10:52 AM']im just a little worried that if i accidently knocked into it, the rig might go flying if not properly secured[/quote]
The combo is heavy enough to not move unless you give it a really big hard shove, it'll be fine :)

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='bass_ferret' post='209497' date='May 30 2008, 11:17 AM']DOnt know how many times I have said this, but mixing speaker sizes can give unpredictable results. If you want to add a speaker to a 212, add another 212.[/quote]

That's no fun.