Why become a member? ×

Okay, Which 3 Bands Do You Like -- But are a Little Embarrassed To Say So.

Lowender

[quote name='KingBollock' timestamp='1360359201' post='1969479']

Mandy Lion's WWIII? I have the first album and it's great! Love the second one too but have never got around to buying it. First discovered him on a Metal Hammer cover cassette in 1991 that had Love You To Death on it. I've never spoken to anyone who has even heard of him before.
[/quote]
No, I mean the Jonas Brothers track. Sorry dude...

[quote name='steve-soar' timestamp='1360353033' post='1969286']
As an aside, just remembered this, brilliant name, brilliant song.

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=AzT7-drDc5s&feature=endscreen"]http://www.youtube.c...ature=endscreen[/url]
[/quote]didnt they change there name acouple of years later to girlschool!!! pmsl!!

kudos to steve k!!!...by the way did u have one of them big hats in the rubettes?...its like guy i know was in hawklords/hawkwind....then left them to go to pilot..oh oh oh its magic!!
the carpenters are great...its a great come down after listening to lawnmower deth,electro hippies.....
a fave song of mine is biology by girls allowed!! it goes a bit hawkwindy in it!!

Guest bassman7755

[quote name='xilddx' timestamp='1360351597' post='1969248']
NO-ONE should ever be ashamed of loving The Carpenters. Karen had the most wonderful voice, it was so rich, so open, so heart-destroyingly f***ing gorgeous.
[/quote]

I concur, best female vocalist of all time.

[quote name='xilddx' timestamp='1360351597' post='1969248']
NO-ONE should ever be ashamed of loving The Carpenters. Karen had the most wonderful voice, it was so rich, so open, so heart-destroyingly f***ing gorgeous.
[/quote]

and thirty years now as somebody on radio 2 has just reminded us

[quote name='Lowender' timestamp='1360340197' post='1969006']
lol -- Actually, if something hits you, it hits you. But we all have guilty pleasure.

I'll go.

Grand Funk Railroad[/quote]

The first time I heard their version of "Gimme Shelter" I was blown away! It kicks seven shades of proverbial out of the original.

I've made no secret of it, but received a lot of stick at the time, that I was a massive fan of Slade for many years; went to 36 of the original line-ups gigs from 73-83. Also been to around a dozen of Dave & Don's lesser version but these days it's more about meeting up with old mates & having a jar or ten than the music.

When I was feeling sorry fo rmyself during my divorce I caught the Guitar Legends gig in Seville ('91??) on TV & it saved me musically. Such variety over so many days that I received an overload of musical education.

......... I was also a big fan of ............ my son's band of the 90's (they were once John Peel's band of the week & drew crowds of 400 when playing Glasgow or Edinburgh, sometimes Aberdeen) .
One of their songs is still in my top 10 of favourite songs ever. I tried to keep it in check so as not to be the embarrassing Dad thing; so I just stayed being roadie, manager, promoter, agent & minder.
Now what he does is more of an "acquired taste" - I believe you young 'uns call it "industrial".