Why become a member? ×

Hello from Florida

shadven

Hello from sunny Florida,

I have been playing bass for 30 years, but that deosn't mean I am any good. Actually, I am pretty good at what I do, and not so good at what I don't do often.

I've been playing in rock/punk/blues/lounge/country bands for a long time. I am in at least 2 bands at any given time, my main band these days is called The Ditchflowers, and it is an original band that could be called power-pop or Beatlesque. My other band is an old school honky-tonk Country and Western band. My country band is giging 3 or 4 times a month and the rock band a bit less.

I have had some success, one of my bands from years gone by was signed to a major record label, and my bands since usually have a distribution deal with some no-account indie label. I've played lots of cool shows and openers for the likes of Cheap Trick, Leon Russell, Dickie Betts, and a bunch more. But, then I'd just be name dropping:)

But, alas I can't pay the bills as a musician. I have a good marriage, son who living is San Francisco, CA and playing in his own band, I have a good job (own my own business), play with my motorcycles (1968 Triumph TR6). No complaints

I have become a gear whore.... I like having the gear almost as much as playing in bands.

Basses in no particular order: 1975 Fender Precision, 1972 Fender Telecaster Bass, 1995 Rickenbacker 4003, 2012 Gibson Thunderbird, 2000 MIA Fender Precision, MIJ 1953 RI Fender Precision, uprdight, Fender acoutic folk bass thingy.

Amps: 1969 Ampeg B-15n, 1968 Fender Bassman 100 w/ showman cab (1x15), 2007 Ampeg SVT VR (USA), SVT 410HLF, SVT 810 AV, Ampeg B100R (2 of them).

- Michael

Hi Michael,

I had high hopes for you. Then you wrote '68 Triumph instead of '56 Matchless. Go away! ;)

Welcome to BC. You seem as crazy as the rest of us, and have some nice gear to boot. All you need now is some ultra modern stuff so you feel like a balanced person. No fears! Your wife will support this.

Anyway, share some info, and enjoy the banter.

best,
bert