Why become a member? ×

SOLD - Bassix Flying V purple upright rediculousness

timo

I bought this from here a few years ago and used it in a couple of bands at uni but it's lying dormant at the moment so I thought I'd pass it on. I believe it's a prototype/one off Alan at Bassix made while working on something else - if not a one off it's certainly about as close as you can get!

It is very purple, very V shaped and very eye catching. It is strung with black nylon coated electric bass strings, except for the D which is a cheap upright string as the old one broke. Sound wise it's more like a fretless than an upright, I used to run it through a fishman bass preamp to give it some more oomph.

I'd like £200, it comes with a soft case and you're welcome to come and give it a play in Sheffield.

You too could look as cool as this:

Edited by timo

[quote name='Ian Savage' timestamp='1360165113' post='1965973']
KILL IT WITH FIRE!!!!! :blink: :blink: :blink:
[/quote]

I tried but when the smoke had cleared all that remained among the rubble of my house was the bass in perfectly-unburnt condition.

Wow, that was mine many moons ago! Think it would've been the late 90's...
I bought it new and it was indeed a prototype, Bassix came up with some "foldable" uprights and one of the models was Flying Vee shaped, I believe this was made to make sure it would work.

It will indeed take 34" scale strings.

Oh, and I used to call it "Tinky Winky", just for your info...

Good luck with the sale!

Eude