Why become a member? ×

First 'Actual' audition

mikeh

Well, I've been in quite a few bands, pretty much all of them I've been in from the start so no auditions. My current band I was the only one going to play with them, and was there for a jam really at the start. Although my first gig was only 2 rehearsals in.
But tomorrow Im auditioning for a new band, and this will be my first actual audition. I was first to contact so got the pick of slots and I chose last!! Is that good or bad?
My slot has also grown from half an hour, to an hour. Im guessing a couple of people have dropped out, so that may be good. I just hope ive learnt enough of the stuff I was given!!
Genuinely cr***ing it!!!

Oh Im also trading basses in the morning so may very well be playing a different bass!!

[quote name='skidder652003' timestamp='1359790057' post='1960293']
be careful with your amp! ;)
Best of luck mate!
[/quote]

Dont you worry it was going to be a studio amp.

Thanks for all the comments, but I guess it wasn't to be!!
Swapped basses this morning, now have a gorgeous mm jazz which was like coming home. But my other half was in bed with what I thought was just a cold, but as the morning went she got worse so had to take her to the hospital, so had to cancel the audition!!!

Although I had been in touch with another band, and from the message today are keen to get me on board and have gigs booked all the way till December! Happy days.