Why become a member? ×

Introdution (too late)

bassplayer88

Hi,

Im a bass player suprisingly!

First came here to sell some equipment but have been kindly advised in the best way to do this. The first part is to say HELLO.

HELLO!

Im 24, based in manchester. Bandleader and bassplayer of a Tribute to the MUSIC of James Brown type function band. We also do originals at small gigs for our mates etc. I also DJ and produce local bands have sent several years dabbling in dance music production with mixed amounts of sucess.
My day job is a part time mutech teacher at a college.

So I would like to say hello to everyone, apologise for being so rude as to just go and post my equipment up for sale striaght away.

Oh and you'll want to know about my gear.

I play a Fender Jazz Bass 62' relic reissue thingy.
Usually through either a Peavey T-Max or a Roland DB900 both of which im currently trying to sell.
Reasons being:

T-Max not massively happy with the sound and the Roland is ace but a bit too much for my needs especially as I dont drive. Its got wheels maybe i could fit an engine to it and drive the roland to gigs!!! Im hoping to sell both to generate enough to get a medium sized ampeg combo (1x15") or maybe some sort of mark bass thang.

Ive also got several effects that im not selling Korg G5 (very good synth effect), two sub pedals Dod octoplus and a EH Octaplex. I also have a jim dunlop bass wah (the white one). These were all greatly used in an electro band i used to be in, but sadly not used so much at the mo.

So please say hello to me. Ill get some proper postings of the amps up soon with piccys and stuff.

Bassplayer88

[quote name='bassplayer88' post='202818' date='May 20 2008, 01:32 PM']Bandleader and bassplayer of a Tribute to the MUSIC of James Brown type function band.[/quote]

ahh the funk…there’s a thread about Funk in ‘general bass discussion’ I think. I love it :huh:

Welcome to BC – good luck with the sales :)