Why become a member? ×

PA POWER AMP

okianok

Yes, I seem to recall someone on BC doing this, though maybe with a different power amp. I would assume that using this kind of 'channel strip' rig you'd be after something clean and relatively ehem 'flat' response for a cabinet?

Certainly possible and it could be good but from my reading of reviews of the Trakmaster, its EQ seems to be a bit limited. There are other channel strip options that offer more versatile EQ sections. I picked up the (used) channel strip in my sig and am very happy with it. You can pick them up for £50 - £60.

There seem to be a lot of happy users of the Art Pro Channel

Edited by dincz

Guest bassman7755

[quote name='okianok' timestamp='1359407337' post='1954389']
Would it be possible (and any good) to build a bass rig around a focusrite trakmaster ( as pre amp) and QSC 2450 (as power amp)

If so what cab would suite?

Any views / ideas
[/quote]

Should work fine although I'm not sure why you would use the trackmaster rather than a designed-for-bass rack preamp .... the QSC is pretty much the amp of first choice for anyone putting together a component based bass rig, indeed my previous rig was based on a QSC amp.

As for speakers the short answer is ... any one you like. The QSC will drive happily drive any bass cab big or small and because you have an abundance of power available you wont have to worry about efficiency (which is a big issue for low-mid powered amps).

Alex Claber was using an Avalon pre and a QSC power...
I've used a QSC power amp (QSC 1202PLX) with a cheap 8-track mixier as a pre.
Sounds superb, even through an old Trace 2103h or 1048h.
Used mine in bridged mode with the 30Hz roll-off engaged. Tons of power (1200Wrms) into 4ohm loads, 600w into 8 ohm.
Even though it's only rated at 160w, the 2x10 takes plenty of power and delivers plenty of clout.