Why become a member? ×

All gone - thanks for interest.

tredders

[b]All gone now - thanks for all the interest.[/b]

[s][u][b]Jazz is now sold. Just the Takemine left now.[/b][/u]

[u][b]I've added a couple of new trade options in post 8.[/b][/u][/s]

[s]First up, is my [b]1999 American Vintage 62 Re-Issue Jazz.[/b] You know the spec - stacked knobs, nitro finish, vintage jazz pups etc. I bought this fitted with some heavy La Bellas on it, and when I took it to Peter Allen for a setup and change to my usual TI flats, he found the neck was bowed, and needed work. Consequently, I spent £250 on it (worksheet and receipt included in the sale), and it now plays better than any Fender Custom Shop Jazz bass I've ever had my hands on. It's got a recent set of TI flats on it, too, which were an additional £40. I fitted a thumb rest and black pickguard to it (as shown in the pics), but the original tort one will be included, too. Comes with the bridge ashtray, and the case as pictured. Case is a little grubby, but all the catches and locks work as they should. It has a few scratches on the back - I've deliberately photographed the back against the light, so that you can see them, but they're really not noticeable unless held up against the light. The only place the paint is broken is by the F plate (pictured). Only other thing to note is that there was a dink in the back of the neck when I got the bass, but this was professionally filled when I had the neck work done. I've pictured this in the 6th pic, around the 7th fret. You wouldn't know it was there from playing it. I'm only selling this as I really do prefer P basses. Every so often, I get it into my head that something different is needed, and then I realise I'm just a P bass player and sell (usually at a loss, as will be the case here!). There are 3 second hand AV 62 Jazz's on the Bay right now, for £1200 and £1300, and it looks as though some of the CIJ models are starting to fetch £600 on here. [b][i]Price is £875 £825 collected - postage will be at cost.[/i][/b][/s]

Next, my [b]2011 Takemine EG512C Electric Acoustic bass.[/b] Bought this to do a couple of unplugged gigs, but haven't taken it out of the case since. It comes with a fitted semi-rigid Stagg case, the original strings (I fitted TI's to it straight away), and a rather fetching suede strap! Again, you couldn't tell this from brand new - not a mark on it. It's 22 fret, with a cutaway for those high notes (although I don't usually go above the 5th fret without a map). Spruce top, rosewood fret board. Built in piezo pickup, TK-4oT pre-amp & tuner. These are £500 + £50 for the case new. [i][b]Price is £250 collected - postage will be at cost, although I'd prefer not to post this one.[/b][/i]

Edited by tredders

[quote name='martthebass' timestamp='1359377478' post='1953714']
[sub]Loving the look of the Takamine.......just wish I had room for it![/sub]
[/quote]

You should buy it. It's really small and is actually designed for places with little space *

* that may be a lie.

Thanks for the kind words :). An updated trade list (in no particular order, and with me adding £££ where appropriate): -

1. Nash / Bravewood P bass
2. Fender 70's Telecaster bass (with the mudbucker pup)
3. Vintage Fender P
4. Fender CS P bass (or even better, Pino)
5. Sadowsky etc P or PJ
6. US Lakland Bob Glaub
7. Possibly a Ric 4003 or Gibson Thunderbird
8. A nice Shuker (but not a pointy one!)
9. Lightweight combo (such as Genz Benz)

[b]I'd also be interested in a trade down (on the AV Jazz) or up (on the Takemine) for nice CIJ P bass (62 or 70's), preferably the models with the US pickups, but that's no essential.[/b]

Edited by tredders

Tredders kindly rearranged his schedule tonight to enable me to check out the Jack Casady. In a rare head over heart moment I decided to pass on the JC for the time being while I wrestle with the idea of adding a third semi acoustic to my collection.
It's a sweet bass and any buyer would be extremely pleased with their purchase.

I also took the opportunity to check out the Takamine and this, too, is lovely. As above, anyone looking for one of these would be a very happy purchaser. It is mint.
I didn't dare try the Jazz for fear of walking away with another for the fleet.

All pics and the descriptions by Tredders above are bang on the money. He's also the perfect host - great coffee!

Cheers Tredders. Good luck with the sale(s)
............and you might yet get a call from me re: the JC ;)

[quote name='BigBeatNut' timestamp='1359585791' post='1957267']
Woah, that JC is gorgeous ... but unfortunately though heart says yes, head is saying 'don't be a silly b****r you'll never play it live'.

Head is winning right now unfortunately.
[/quote]

The force is weak with this one. This is not the BC way.

[quote name='columbusrobbie' timestamp='1359583763' post='1957209']
Tredders kindly rearranged his schedule tonight to enable me to check out the Jack Casady. In a rare head over heart moment I decided to pass on the JC for the time being while I wrestle with the idea of adding a third semi acoustic to my collection.
It's a sweet bass and any buyer would be extremely pleased with their purchase.

I also took the opportunity to check out the Takamine and this, too, is lovely. As above, anyone looking for one of these would be a very happy purchaser. It is mint.
I didn't dare try the Jazz for fear of walking away with another for the fleet.

All pics and the descriptions by Tredders above are bang on the money. He's also the perfect host - great coffee!

Cheers Tredders. Good luck with the sale(s)
............and you might yet get a call from me re: the JC ;)
[/quote]

Thanks Rob - nice to meet you too. I need to work on my sales pitch, though, as I distinctly remember saying "but why would you want to buy this when you already have 2 semi-acoustics?" :lol:

I'm going to drop the price on the Jazz and the JC now (£50 off the Jazz & £25 off the JC), and I'll probably keep the Takemine, unless someone collects it. I'll then withdraw them by Sunday night if they don't sell. I'm not in any great rush to sell them, but it does seem a shame for them to be sitting in their cases unused.

Edited by tredders

[quote name='BandmasterPete' timestamp='1359891046' post='1961540']
I want a stack knob Jazz! I got so much GAS on it.
[/quote]
Best get in now, Bandmaster - you'll probably NEVER see another one of these at this price.

Plus, even if you meet him in the arse end of nowhere, Tredders is always good for a coffee. :P