Why become a member? ×

Ashdown ABM410 - SOLD PENDING PAYMENT

Delberthot

This is a slightly modified post-

I'm selling my Ashdown ABM410 cab.

The cab is an ABM 4x10" which is 600W @ 8ohms.

The tweeter failed on this one so was removed. I rarely use the tweeter so I don't miss it. This cab also shows signs of wear and the grill is a bit dented but fully working order apart from the missing tweeter.

I'm looking for £110 collected or £135 delivered within mainland UK

Any questions then fire away

Edited by Delberthot

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Despite the missing tweeter, the cab performs exactly as its supposed to. Its possibly the loudest 4x10" I've ever used with the possible exception of the Eden 410XLT but then again these cost about the same second hand as the Ashdown does new.

This is a seriously loud cab for less than 450w 4x10" MAG money.

Please someone buy this before I end up putting a Gallien NEO 212 II on the credit card.

Nothing wrong with the sound coming out of these cabs. I only moved mine on because I got lazy and seduced by neodymium.

No-one got a rehearsal room to kit out or something? This cab will (continue to) take a beating for years to come.

Yeah it's so annoying that I'm not anywhere near to come and collect this!

I'm looking at gear for a rehearsal room and Tayste's disaster has shown that it's not wise to use your full rig to kit out your rehearsal space. I'm waiting for something like this to turn up (at this price!) near me!

Hope this shifts soon!

Alex

Cheers guys

I was actually just thinking this earlier that this is ideal for a practice room - whether one that gets booked for different bands to use or your own rehearsal space. Saves carting your own stuff around.

Last Saturday's gig involved along narrow lane and three flights of stairs. I used my trolley for the lane but had to carry it up the stairs.Actually surprised myself by carrying it up the whole way in one go

Have a read up about amp impedance before you make up your mind. You won't notice much if any any difference whether running the amp at 4 or 8 ohms, especially as your amp would be pushing 4 10" speakers.

Other obvious benefits would be that your amp will not run as hot and you could always add a second 4x10" at a later date which would make a difference but after hundreds of gigs over the years I've never needed any more than a 4x10"

I remember running a Trace Elliot 1248H 4x12" cab a few years ago with a MarkV AH150 which would've been outputting 90w If I'd turned it up enough. Not so much the wattage as the air your pushing.