Why become a member? ×

Plexiglass Bass Guitar, Ampeg Dan Armstrong, c1973

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Plexiglass-Bass-Guitar-Ampeg-Dan-Armstrong-c1973_W0QQitemZ320251722572QQihZ011QQcategoryZ4713QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem"]Plexiglass Bass Guitar, Ampeg Dan Armstrong, c1973[/url]

£1250????

The only other plexy glass one ive seen is "worth" £100.

what makes this so special or is someone having a go.

[quote name='budget bassist' post='202009' date='May 19 2008, 11:48 AM']Because it's an ampeg dan armstrong one, not a sh*tty wesley whatever[/quote]
MB1. :)
+TWELVETY
Its an all American AMPEG One Too!......Not made out of acorns in lower Mesapotamia! :huh:

[quote name='budget bassist' post='202009' date='May 19 2008, 11:48 AM']Because it's an ampeg dan armstrong one, not a sh*tty wesley whatever[/quote]

hahahaha.
those wesleys are a pile of sh*te.

noone answered me, these worth 1250 then??? im guessing so?

[quote name='Jobiebass' date='May 19 2008, 01:27 PM' post='202072']
hahahaha.
those wesleys are a pile of sh*te.

noone answered me, these worth 1250 then??? im guessing so?
MB1. :)

Have seen them for more than that to be honest , I dont think theyre worth it to be honest , if i was thinking of one id go the Charlie Jones(goldfrapp) route and get one made to order.You must remember though what your wearing becomes the colour of your bass on stage..... so a bright yellow raincoat and wellies might not cut it! :huh:

Its worth what someone is prepared to pay for it...... 800-900 is normal....

I missed up on a '78 model with a commisioned PRS neck and the original for 675 in the US about a year ago...

I've taken myself outside and beaten myself within an inch of my life several times for that moment of stupidity!

Twhat a wat! :)

Probably priced a little highly but lovely looking bass! Dave Grohl uses one (the guitar version of course) in the Foo's 'All my Life' video (I think) and I saw a bass version for the first time on another video a couple of days ago but for the life of me can't remember who it was! Would have been interesting to find out if it was the actual bass in the recording and to hear how it sounds..