Why become a member? ×

FS: Phil Jones Bass Cub BG-100 -GONE

Scooby

I bought this a few weeks ago and, as always with Phil Jones gear, I am absolutely astounded by the build quality and sound. It's just superb! So, having only used the Cub at home, I've decided to invest in the slightly larger Flightcase to link with my PB300 for gigs.

Edited by Scooby

I managed to locate an ex- demo PB300 and linked it with the Cub. Absolutely blown away by the quality of sound and the depth! I simply wondered whether adding the Flightcase might just make it a more robust rig. Although it only adds another 50watts it's the extra two speakers and bass ports that I thought would be really beneficial. To be honest, can't fault the existing sound, so I might just leave things as they are plus the Flightcase only has one input and pre compared to the Cub.

[quote name='ezbass' timestamp='1358887317' post='1946692']
Ooh sounds good. Loud enough? I have read some reviews that say despite the watts on paper, it isn't as loud as a comparable 'normal' rig.
[/quote]

Here's a clip of Phil Jones explaining just what makes his gear so special! Also check out Ed Friedland demo about positioning the Cub/Flightcase to maximise the sound/volume.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JPsTGqeKh0

• 2 months later...

PJB gear is amazing, sound quality is second to none (the odd technical glitch aside), but you might be disappointed by the lack of significant step up in volume between the Cub and Flightcase. I loved the Cub (no idea why i sold it), but the other models were relatively underpowered, perhaps suggested by the idea in the Friedland clip that you have to place it a certain way to hear it. Kinda takes bass back to the dark ages!