Why become a member? ×

SOLD Fender 50s Precision Bass SOLD

Cosmo Valdemar

*BASS NOW SOLD* I bought this bass brand new in October of last year - it's hardly been played and is in pristine, as-new condition. Honey blonde finish, which looks far better in the flesh than on the Fender website. It's a superb bass, pretty much all I could want in a P bass, but I can't really justify keeping 2 P basses - it came down to this and my Ibanez Blazer, and I can't bring myself to sell ol' faithful Blazer! I think I will regret this but needs must!
And I've said it before, but these 50s Precisions just have the greatest necks. This one in particular has a beautiful flame to the maple, very different to the usual plain necks you find in this range.

The bass comes with a Fender gig bag as originally supplied. Link to original thread posted when I bought the bass - pics within! [url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/188054-hurrah-guitar-guitar-nbd-for-me/page__p__1821930__hl__nbd__fromsearch__1#entry1821930"]http://basschat.co.u..._1#entry1821930[/url]

Price is £450. No trades at the moment thanks. Collection preferred, can deliver within reason or a courier can be arranged at buyer's expense.

Edited by Cosmo Valdemar

This is a fantastic bass, I`ve played it (and also owned one myself) and the quality/sound of these - and this one in particular - is amazing. to anyone wanting a quality Precision, this would be a very good buy indeed.

These basses are MIM, but (to me) they are much nicer than regular MIMs. They are reputed to have US Standard Pickups in them, and over on Talkbass there was a thread showing an e-mail from someone at Fender who confirmed this.

I just wish I was flush at present, I`d snap this one up.

Edited by Lozz196

[quote name='Lozz196' timestamp='1358849080' post='1945863']
This is a fantastic bass, I`ve played it (and also owned one myself) and the quality/sound of these - and this one in particular - is amazing. to anyone wanting a quality Precision, this would be a very good buy indeed.

These basses are MIM, but (to me) they are much nicer than regular MIMs. They are reputed to have US Standard Pickups in them, and over on Talkbass there was a thread showing an e-mail from someone at Fender who confirmed this.

I just wish I was flush at present, I`d snap this one up.
[/quote]

+1