Why become a member? ×

Oh hai

Rodulator

Hello peeps,

Starting playing about 14 years ago first on bass then guitar and now I am back to bass and loving it.

Currently playing a crappy esp ltd 5 string bass with a high string rather than low all tuned down 1 step

©D, G , D , F , A#

and using a markbass sa450, cab is currently pending.

I only really play using a pick, don't hate me, but it gives the tone I want when playing. Really into playing chords with a bit of fuzz on it which is great for driving the group when the guitarists are off playing harmonies. Check it out.

[url="https://soundcloud.com/mantora"]https://soundcloud.com/mantora[/url]

Any recommendation anyone has for good 5 strings that are good for high string would deinftely be appreciated as I am looking to upgrade as soon as possible.

[quote name='Rodulator' timestamp='1358461694' post='1939858']
I would love a mark bass cab as my name is mark and for no other reason.
[/quote]

You're a man after my heart, Mark!

(Note that Discreet's real name is Bill-Maurice (yeah, I know), and that he's a man after my heart too. ;) )

Welcome to BC, at any rate.

I noobly can't help on the fiver, sorry.

Enjoy the bass and the chat!

best,
bert

[quote name='BassTractor' timestamp='1358462807' post='1939885']
...Note that Discreet's real name is Bill-Maurice (yeah, I know), and that he's a man after my heart too...[/quote]

No it isn't - my name's Mark, too. :) Bill Fitzmaurice is Bill Fitzmaurice's name.

[quote name='Rodulator' timestamp='1358461694' post='1939858']
Honestly though I would love a mark bass cab as my name is mark and for no other reason.[/quote]

You'll be getting the right cab for the wrong reason! Markbass cabs are excellent.

Edited by discreet

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1358463080' post='1939894']
No it isn't - my name's Mark, too.
[/quote]

While that may be true, Billy-Jack, it wasn't me who made the general public aware. :P

You'll be getting the right cab for one of the two right reasons! Markbass cabs are also excellent.
[/quote]

Fixed.

best,
bert

You'll be getting the right cab for the wrong reason! Markbass cabs are excellent.
[size=4][/quote][/size][quote name='Kiwi' timestamp='1358501506' post='1940215']
Welcome - do a search on here for opinions on Mark bass cabs, you'll find a variety.
[/quote]

Of course, I should have added, 'in my humble opinion'. :D

[quote name='BassTractor' timestamp='1358500925' post='1940205']
While that may be true, Billy-Jack, it wasn't me who made the general public aware.[size=4][/quote][/size]
[size=4]My name's NOT Bill! What is the meaning of these spurious titular anomalies?[/size]

Edited by discreet

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1358509412' post='1940436']
[/size]
[size=4]My name's NOT Bill! What is the meaning of these spurious titular anomalies?[/size]
[/quote]

Sorry, Mark. Twas an attempt at some innocent fun with the concept of having gear with one's own name, not an attempt to annoy anyone.

best,
bert

[quote name='BassTractor' timestamp='1358543719' post='1941310']
Sorry, Mark. Twas an attempt at some innocent fun with the concept of having gear with one's own name, not an attempt to annoy anyone.[/quote]

Eh? I'm not annoyed! I probably should have put a ':D' at the end of the post! Carry on, sir. :D

[quote name='Rodulator' timestamp='1358461314' post='1939845']

Any recommendation anyone has for good 5 strings that are good for high string would deinftely be appreciated as I am looking to upgrade as soon as possible.
[/quote]

oh hai - u kn hz [url="http://usa.yamaha.com/products/musical-instruments/guitars-basses/el-basses/trb/trb5p/?mode=model"][b]TRB5P[/b][/url] nice early japanese one should do the trick

:crigon_04:

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1358721117' post='1944165']
Stop eating them crisps! You'll get spots.
[/quote]

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&feature=fvwp&v=5x_-IoeSB-A"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&feature=fvwp&v=5x_-IoeSB-A[/url]

(sorry, i just found this. It's hilarious).

Edited by MiltyG565