Why become a member? ×

iPad recording and practicing apps

jackers

Line 6 Mobile In is great. Absolutely no noise when monitoring or recording on Ipad. Sounds better than using headphones through my amp and so many amp models to play with it is easy to get a very good range of tones.

I actually found the amps in Garageband to be just as good as the amps in Line 6 Mobile Pod and Ampkit.

As 95% of my practicing/playing is via headphones in the house this has turned out to be an ideal solution. Simply plugged into an iPad mini with a range of amps, rythym backing tracks, metronome, music tracks, online tab and PDF etc,. all in one small unit.

[quote name='jackers' timestamp='1359115705' post='1950076']
the line 6 mobile in looks great :) will need to get an adapter for the lightning connector to go with it though.
[/quote]

Thing is with the Line 6 mobile in, it has no AUX in and also doesn't integrate with itunes library.

[quote name='dand666' timestamp='1359128813' post='1950354']
Thing is with the Line 6 mobile in, it has no AUX in and also doesn't integrate with itunes library.
[/quote]

If you are using software that runs in the back ground, like most of other amp sims then it should just be a case of using itunes in the normal way and playing along to it.
I do this with GarageBand and Ampkit.

Apogee just announced all their interfaces will be iOS compatible so thats the Jam, One, Duet and Quartet

I have an Alesis IO Dock and will be selling it for a One or Duet depending on what I decide.

Amp sim wise Jamup with the additional bass pack is the best, but Amplitube isn't bad just don't expect a lot of updates for bass.

Yeah, i saw that new interface.Nnot cheap though.
I like Jamup, i have the full version with the bass pack, but i felt it to be a bit clumsy as far as playing along with tracks. I disagree about it being the best but its all subjective. For me having the Ashdown and Trace amps makes AmpKit the best.
I started with Amplitube but never really got on with it (i use it on my PC though).

Edited by dave_bass5

[quote name='51m0n' timestamp='1359212464' post='1951650']
ASIO drivers would be the number one must have to lower latency.

That and a decent interface of course........
[/quote]are you saying my interface is crap??.ha ha i think you could be right Simon. It won't work no matter what i do, right where did i put me hammer?

[quote name='dand666' timestamp='1359128813' post='1950354']

[/quote]

Yes it does. As stated above you can have GarageBand or other amp sim app running in the background and play along to iTunes. But the better way is to store your music in the Apple "Music" app and the all the tracks are available in GarageBand and Mobile Pod themselves.

[quote name='tayste_2000' timestamp='1359129465' post='1950378']
Apogee just announced all their interfaces will be iOS compatible so thats the Jam, One, Duet and Quartet

I have an Alesis IO Dock and will be selling it for a One or Duet depending on what I decide.

Amp sim wise Jamup with the additional bass pack is the best, but Amplitube isn't bad just don't expect a lot of updates for bass.
[/quote]

Yeah, those new Apogees look just the ticket. If they work with PC I'll be all over the new "One" I think. I've been on the hunt for a decent headphone amp / dac for my desk PC for a while. Hopefully will do that job too.

[quote name='rogerstodge' timestamp='1359219450' post='1951806']
are you saying my interface is crap??.ha ha i think you could be right Simon. It won't work no matter what i do, right where did i put me hammer?
[/quote]

As if I would besmirch the big B....

;)