Why become a member? ×

Jimi Hendrix - Stockholm 1969

discreet

[quote name='Marvin' timestamp='1358510691' post='1940485']
The current Mrs Discreet away again? :)[size=4][/quote][/size][size=4][quote name='silddx' timestamp='1358510927' post='1940489'][/size] :D[size=4][/quote][/size]
Yes, I have NO female supervision!

Edited by discreet

[quote name='Jazzneck' timestamp='1358514969' post='1940594']
...how many of us old boys tried to tune up our bass G string to the guitards open G, got the octave wrong and bust a string then?[/quote]

I have done (and still do) a lot of stupid things, but this isn't one of them. However... I have suffered catastrophic loss of bass signal before playing a set and after much wailing, gnashing of teeth and a desperate search for a solution, it transpired that I had forgotten to introduce a speaker cable between the amp and cab. How we all laughed! :unsure:

Good afternoon.

Back on topic -

C'mon, how many of us old boys tried to tune up our bass G string to the guitards open G, got the octave wrong and bust a string then?
[/quote]

That would make you a basstard.

Seriously? You've done that?

Good afternoon.

Back on topic -

C'mon, how many of us old boys tried to tune up our bass G string to the guitards open G, got the octave wrong and bust a string then?
[/quote]

No, but I once tuned the G on my guitar an octave too low using an electronic tuner in a loud backstage area. I had just dropped the bloody thing off the back of the stage (hence the string b[size=4]e[/size][size=4]ing so far out) 1st number was interesting, then it got to the solo, and it was even more interesting as I realised why it sounded so very cool before that point....[/size]
[size=4]I was much happier when we all tuned up through amps to each other... [/size]

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1358517390' post='1940654']
I have done (and still do) a lot of stupid things, but this isn't one of them. However... I have suffered catastrophic loss of bass signal before playing a set and after much wailing, gnashing of teeth and a desperate search for a solution, it transpired that I had forgotten to introduce a speaker cable between the amp and cab. How we all laughed! :unsure:
[/quote]
Yup, done that - Ipswich Music In The Park, BBC Stage, penultimate band a few years ago - ended up through the PA , no monitor and had to play off the snare drum and vocals.
By gollygosh that certainly focussed the solitary braincell and I had to buy the beer post show, too.
[quote name='silddx' timestamp='1358518709' post='1940691']
That would make you a basstard.

Seriously? You've done that?
[/quote]
Yup, done that too in 1967 - hence the avatar! :P