Why become a member? ×

ESP LTD B205SM FL Natural Satin

Lord Sausage

Hi,
Probably gonna buy one of these of Thomann next week. Anyone know anything about them. unfortunately no sound samples on Thomann and can't find owt on Youtube. If i don't like i will send it back but any info before i buy would be handy.

Here's the link

http://www.thomann.de/gb/esp_ltd_b205sm_fl_natural_satin.htm

I'm tempted by the four string fretless, but do I need any more basses. Of course I do. :lol:[size=4] [/size]

[size=4][url="http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f8/esp-ltd-b-204sm-fretless-830497/"]This[/url] thread on Talkb[/size][size=4]ass seems to rate them very highly.[/size]

I used to be an ESP stockist when I had a guitar shop and I always found their cheaper range (the 200 series) some of the best guitars in that price range, a little bit different in design and very well manufactured. Funnily enough it was upper models of the LTD range (400 mainly) that I had some issues with, but this one should be a fabulous bass.

Looking forward to a review and pics!!

[quote name='BassBus' timestamp='1358106659' post='1933282']
I'd be interested to hear what it sounds like if you buy one.
[/quote]
[quote name='Mykesbass' timestamp='1358106699' post='1933283']
I used to be an ESP stockist when I had a guitar shop and I always found their cheaper range (the 200 series) some of the best guitars in that price range, a little bit different in design and very well manufactured. Funnily enough it was upper models of the LTD range (400 mainly) that I had some issues with, but this one should be a fabulous bass.

Looking forward to a review and pics!!
[/quote]
No pressure then! Ha ha. Yeah i'll give it a go, never done a review. I'll def post pics and clips.

Hi still got the six,could not bring myself to sell her,but got Gas, brought the five fretless,I now use this as main bass.
The bass is real easy to play fast neck nice string spacing,well fits my porky fingers,the B is good no nasty suprises here no volume or tone drop out,like on other 5s,mine was playable out the box. The Esp pups work well the tone controls are ok,not as good as the 6,not sure why?but all the tones are there, and as with the 6 the finish is spot on.If your brave theres a youtube of said bass,I was just starting the solo when the pratt turned off the camara,claiming battery death,best of luck with your quest. .the YT link top one down below

M.

Edited by merlin

[quote name='merlin' timestamp='1358156646' post='1933781']
Hi still got the six,could not bring myself to sell her,but got Gas, brought the five fretless,I now use this as main bass.
The bass is real easy to play fast neck nice string spacing,well fits my porky fingers,the B is good no nasty suprises here no volume or tone drop out,like on other 5s,mine was playable out the box. The Esp pups work well the tone controls are ok,not as good as the 6,not sure why?but all the tones are there, and as with the 6 the finish is spot on.If your brave theres a youtube of said bass,I was just starting the solo when the pratt turned off the camara,claiming battery death,best of luck with your quest. .the YT link top one down below

M.
[/quote]
You must be a magician. Someone said your name and you appear. Thanks for the info, I'll watch the vid now. Does the above count as a review. If so i'll just post pics and soundclips.

• 9 months later...