Why become a member? ×

Deleted threat in 'Wanted' forum

pete.young

I think I could merge the non-Wanted Items part of that old thread into a new one about Mandocasters, if you wanted to keep that discussion going, since I think it was beginning to branch out? Would that be of help? I'll just edit out the Wanted Item bits, as I think mart has now found one.

[quote name='pete.young' timestamp='1357593058' post='1925126']
I see. That's all very well, but when someone posts some useful information in response to a request, is it right that it should be lost too?
[/quote]

That's a fair point. There's often useful information in old sold/ withdrawn/ sorted posts.

I find that looking at old posts in the "for sale" sections gives useful reference for pricing, comparison, etc.

We keep most of the old For Sale ones, so I hope that a lot of that information is still out there for you - it's not something you get in a lot of the Wanted Items posts, mind, though I think this one was an exception.

Pete, if you do want some of those posts porting over to a Mandocaster thread, please drop me a PM.

'pete.young'
I see. That's all very well, but when someone posts some useful information in response to a request, is it right that it should be lost too?

MB1.
The person who posted the ad has the final say
If the impression is given it requires deleting it will be regardless
of content.
For sale items aren't deleted when they're sold as they are left for reference,pricing,comparison
Unless asked otherwise.
It's the posters call.
Not a good idea to post relevant usable information on a instrument in "items wanted"
My apologies for any hassle caused
Martin.