Why become a member? ×

The Jets stolen van

Roger2611

Hi guys,

I read in the local paper today that The Jets had their van stolen from Northampton on Dec 23rd with all their gear inside, I have messaged them for a list of exactly what was stolen (I will repost with a list if I get one) but in the meantime please keep your ears to the ground for anyone selling rockabilly type musical gear that appears to know little or nothing about it.

Cheers

Bummer. All I can glean so far is that the gear was in a White Mercedes Sprinter van, registration PN 09 WKG. It has black vinyl on the sides and rear doors made to look like windows.

Northampton Police believe the van was taken away on a flatbed recovery vehicle.
[color=#ffffff].[/color]

Edited by discreet

There was a photo of their van posted on facebook....I shared it....I will go and "friend" basschat and share again.

Being the useless Ludite that I am I don't know how to do this :blush: ....oh well I am sure you are all clever enough to find it for yourselves if you want to. ;)

Edited by Raymondo

[color=#333333]Hi,[/color]

[color=#333333]As requested the following is from their facebook page, unfortunately no specific detail on the guitars.[/color]

[color=#333333]The Jets wrote: "THE JETS have their van and all equipment stolen. The well known top Rockin' band The Jets, have had a terrible end to 2012. Their Sprinter 313 lwb panel van was stolen on 21st December 2012 between 23.15 hrs and 00.15 hrs on the 22nd December. From Northampton UK. It was fully locked, alarmed, immobilised and steering wheel crook locked with flashing light (the size of a dustbin lid). The van was pulled onto a breakdown lorry, White with red lettering on the front ( possibly says something or other ; RETRIEVAL SERVICES) One of the culprits was, a white male approx 6 feet tall stocky build with cropped or shaven black hair. The Sprinter van is white with Black privacy windows fitted into the sliding door and the panel behind the driver. The rest of the window recess along each side of the van has been wrapped with black sticker, to look like the appearance of windows all along the side. It has rear mudflaps. The two back door window recesses are also blacked to look like windows. There is also a chrome security bolt cropper proof clasp and padlock just below the central sprinter badge. The three Cotton brothers had all of their equipment inside the rear compartment, which is totally separate to the front of the van which was fitted with reclining seats, none of the kit was on show to the public.The brothers would like to make other bands and businesses aware of this type of crime and the impact that it has on the lives of the victims. As most of the readers know, The Jets have been playing Rock 'n' Roll music for 37years and have had numerous hit records around the world, but this is the first time in their long career that anything like this has happened. They are devastated, as I'm sure most people will realise. This is the brothers full time profession, so this now means that until the lads get another van and the tools of their trade replaced,they are going to find it extremely hard to work and earn their living. Lights Out, who are the sons of The Jets have been able to let their dads' use their van and equipment to get them through the christmas period, but they obviously have their own shows to perform. This is a list of some of the missing equipment: 2400 watt active HK pa system in covers, Peavey 24fx mixing desk with multicore connection in flight case, 16/4 studiospares multicore and stagebox, rack mount compressors and limiters enclosed in a moulded flight box, 2 x wharfedale 15” monitors, Peavey t-max bass combo and speaker, Double bass with magnetic pick ups in a green bass bag, spare set of pick ups and strings for the bass, Fender telecaster custom made guitar in flight case, Peavey classic 50 fitted with G12 celestion speakers in a flight case, Premier 5 piece black drum kit with sabian and zildjian cymbals, various effects pedals and guitar tuners, 12 LED dmx stage lights on bars, 4 lighting stands, light controller and foot pedals etc, lighting leads, speaker connecting leads, microphones and stands, mains boards, the list goes on and on...... The Jets would like to put out a request to any ex Bass players, drummers and guitarists who may have kit that they no longer use, or have spare and may wish to sell, please contact The Jets on 01604 752800 or email them at [email protected] If the kidney transplants that all three brothers went through a few years back didn't stop them from Rockin' then nothing will, even if they have to start again from the bottom !!! Even though the van was secured, alarmed and immobilised, they never dreamed that the whole lot would be dragged onto the back of a recovery/retrieval truck. ….................THIS IS A WARNING TO ALL BANDS..................BEWARE OF THIEVES !!!!!"[/color]