Why become a member? ×

Letts custom flame maple 5 string bass reluctant sale

loushort

happy new year folks

I'm sadly having to part with one of my Letts custom basses
this stunning custom flame maple 5 string I got it back in April 2012 and its never let me down
thru neck construction 35 scale passive IMP soap bar volume tone and kill switch hipshot ultra light tuners
its just had a service from Mr Letts giving it a new bridge name plate tailpiece and bone nut as well as a waxing
I'm looking for [b]£400[/b] I will post to anywhere in the UK using parcelforce 48 hour service which will add £27
will accept paypal cash on collection etc
*sorry no case *
Jon's basses are all one off's and have to be seen to be belived they also play like a dream and weigh next to nothing
thanks for looking

rgds
Lou

Edited by loushort

[quote name='White Cloud' timestamp='1356780572' post='1913469']
This is just ridiculous. For a start I cannot believe how much Jon underprices his instruments....BUT £300 for a luthier built bass of this quality is INSANE!!!

I am trying seriously hard to stop myself buying this as I have 2 cars to get though MOT's next week :(
[/quote]+1, It's a huge bargain. If you are not familiar with these they are seriously nice hand crafted basses, top build, v light and great sounds/playability. A bespoke build for sub fender mex money? Someone will be happy with this. :)

[quote name='giblett123' timestamp='1356794249' post='1913688']
+1, It's a huge bargain. If you are not familiar with these they are seriously nice hand crafted basses, top build, v light and great sounds/playability. A bespoke build for sub fender mex money? Someone will be happy with this. :)
[/quote]

Agreed. Have been watching Jon's work for a couple of years now and am seriously impressed. Hopefully my next bass will be custom built by Jon...I am saving lol!

A bespoke build for sub mex Fender money - yes indeed, we are living in strange times. Why anyone would choose the mass produced and variable quality over the lovingly hand made remains a mystery to me!

guys I'm sorry but I cant justify letting it go for £300
but am asking for £400 as I would kick myself forever if I let it go
for less as its a stunning piece of work
i feel really bad repricing up but I'd rather keep it than give it away
hope you all understand and thanks for the intrest

I sent you an offer for your asking price and you reply with this

"i cant justify letting it go for £300 sorry to mess you about
but I've just pulled it out and played it and Il never forgive myself
so Im asking for £400 sorry its a sh*tty thing to do
hope you understand
and thanks for your intrest"

You can go to the top of my sh*tlist... That's a w*nkers trick...

Rest assured there is no longer any interest and seeeing as you are the endorseee of Letts basses your actions will no doubt be associated with your endorser, well they will be in my eyes anyway.

Edited by Monz

Still a [b][u]very[/u][/b] fair price, the luthier of these instruments is a true artist and from the threads i've read, a perfectionist too :)

EDIT: Oh wait I didn't read the replies fully, um...well if buyers can pull out of purchases, sellers can pull out of sales too I guess...above statement still stands :blush:

Edited by Schnozzalee

[quote name='morsefull' timestamp='1356815056' post='1914018']
No, I haven't. But if I want to buy or sell on this forum I want to do it with the confidence that comes from knowing that people on here act with respect to each other. I think what you did was disrespectful to the buyer who offered the asking price.
[/quote]Had I agreed to the buyer to sell it for £300 then changed my mind then he is totally in his right to be upset-but I sent him a message saying thanks for the intrest but I cant let it go for that price an error on my part I underpriced it