Why become a member? ×

Hey, im new. fender<3

geddyfender

Hello. My name is Jerry. I've been playing bass guitar for 2 years now. I own 2 bass guitars. My first guitar was the OscarSchmidt OB-50 ($450).
Recently i just bought a Fender Jazz Made in the U.S.A. For about $1200. Well worth the money. I also added GHS Boomers to both bass guitars which improved sound alot. Ive been playing alot of rush (Attempting) and lynard Skynryd.
Any suggestions on what i should practice/play?

Bass skill= 6/10.

Edited by geddyfender

Welcome. I am also new here (from the U.S.A.) and this forum is quite friendly and helpful.
My recommendation is to discipline yourself to practice simple scales for as long as your fingers can tolerate it and every day.
Use all four fingers and work towards playing without any fret noise (buzz).

Listen to and learn to play some old MoTown and old 12-bar blues such as Howlin' Wolf, Muddy Waters and Junior Wells.
This music is the basis for almost everything you might need to play if you ever join a band.

[quote name='geddyfender' timestamp='1356720827' post='1912967']

Ive been playing alot of rush (Attempting) and lynard Skynryd.
Any suggestions on what i should practice/play?
[/quote]

Welcome to Basschat Jerry,

Good on you for attempting Rush, I do that sometimes when I need to remind myself that after 20 years I still can't play for sh*t.
Next on your list should be Natural Science, I'll expect to see video evidence by tomorrow noon ;)

Cheers Leen.