Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

FS MIA Fender FSR Jazz 75RI 2002

martthebass

Martin (MB1) has a very nice Ebony Sterling up for sale at the moment and I've always been a sucker for limited edition MMs. For as long as this bass is available I have up for sale at a non negotiable price of £1100 this particularly fine example of a special run US made Jazz 75 RI. If you check on BC you will find reference to this near legendary limited run of Jazz basses from 2002 and 2003; around 200 each in Candy Apple Red, Sonic Blue, Olympic White and Lake Placid Blue were made. All featured 70's pickup spacing, vintage pups, matching headstocks and bound and block rosewood board necks. As with AVRIs they came in a G&G case with all the appropriate candy.

My particular bass is in excellent condition with only the merest hint of player wear (no dings, chips). All the case candy with the exception of the original lead is present and in the case of the covers has never been fitted. The bass is on the side of light-medium weight at about 9lb.

The quality is on the side of Custom Shop, my particular example has a super tight neck pocket and a very nice flame to the neck.

This may only be available for a limited time so if you are intersted please pm me, no point in waiting for the price to drop because that ain't going to happen.

Cheers, MTB

Edited by martthebass

Aww I had a blue one of these once. Exceptional basses - they differe from the normal '75ri in that they tend to have alder bodies so a bit more meaty sounding than the '75ri which can sound a bit thin. Good luck with the sale.

(great price btw)

Cheers Luke,

Not sure on the body wood on this, as you say it's supposed to be alder but I could swear it's ash as I can see some of the grain through the thin poly finish. Not that it matters in the slightest I guess. It is the growliest Jazz I've played but I put that down more to the pickup spacing than anything else.

There's far too any nice basses up for bargain money at the minute that nobody knows where to spend their pressie money methinks. I'll give this a bump in the off chance that someone out there wants a superb example of what Fender Corona can make when they put their minds to it.

Edited by martthebass

Nice. Got a Sonic Blue one via various bods of this parish. These are the best basses they've made since the early eighties and, in my own humble..., they p*** all over most Custom Shop products.

I'd have this at this price (bargain) but I'm just not ready with the readies.

Miss my lake placid blue one (which Luke bought) terribly; was sifting through pics of my little girl on the laptop the other day and it was in the background of a few shots.

These really are special basses.

The red is gorgeous too.

[quote name='AndyTravis' timestamp='1357504664' post='1923768']
Miss my lake placid blue one (which Luke bought) terribly; was sifting through pics of my little girl on the laptop the other day and it was in the background of a few shots.

These really are special basses.

The red is gorgeous too.
[/quote] It was awesome. I do wonder why I sold it sometimes - it went to a man in barcelona and makes him happy as his dream bass so if that makes you feel any better...

mind you, put it this way, if I had £1100 spare....