Why become a member? ×

Markbass MoMark

mr_russ

I was interested in the SWR MoBass a few years ago, so this name sounds familiar... :)

I wonder how tightly those modules are secured? Don't want the EQ dropping out - literally!

Forgive me if i'm wrong, but didn't HH have a similar idea in the 70's with interchangable fascia interfaces. Where you could slot in a reverb effect unit or pop in a distortion unit and so on ??!!!

Must find out more...

Edited by mxm

More info here guys;

I saw this at Frakfurt and it looks very impressive. You have a choice of 250w/500w/1000w digital or analogue amplifiers and then a choice of preamp, eq and output section - there are dozens of combination. Expect this to be come available at the end of this year.

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LC9rD_xM4SU"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LC9rD_xM4SU[/url]

Mark

• 1 year later...

[quote name='The Funk' post='199785' date='May 15 2008, 05:48 PM']Randall have a similar system for guitar. It's a bit like using a Pod but "real".[/quote]

I remember that one, i was trying to get our guitarist to buy one as they looked awesome!
Interchangeable valve preamps IIRC? You could get a Mesa Boogie, Fender and Marshall in one box!

Yep - this is a brave move by MB IMO. The options are very cool and although the amp specs have changed a little; 250/500/600/800w, the idea is excellent. Some will prefer the single "ready to go" amp heads, but the fact you can put together what you want plus the advantage of having easy to change options makes this very user friendly. I get my tower for the shop in June and can't wait :-)

Mark

I'd really like one of these, I sometimes find it hard to find kit that meets my needs and this looks like a good solution, but it'll probably be way out of my price range.

[quote name='lemmywinks' post='493768' date='May 20 2009, 09:24 PM']I remember that one, i was trying to get our guitarist to buy one as they looked awesome!
Interchangeable valve preamps IIRC? You could get a Mesa Boogie, Fender and Marshall in one box![/quote]
Yeah, that looks really cool too, i wanted one of them :)