Why become a member? ×

amp advice

CHRISDABASS

hi

today my aguilar db410 turned up and its a lovely cab

my only problem is that my mesa big block 750 head is a little too "rock" for me now

i want something more versitile and maybe even hifi sounding!

i tried the newer trace elliot stuff the other week and kinda liked it.......

does anyone have advice on whats best to get? are we talkin ebs?...eden?....aguilar?...trace?.....euphonic audio?..............erm? lol

i currently play fender jazz basses with j retro and audere pre's

i'd love to be able to get that awesome slap/marcus miller style tone and i dont think its gonna come from my mesa head!

anyone anyone fancy a trade??.........might stick it up for sale/trade

for rock stuff the mesa kicks ass!! especially that crazy overdrive!

anyway....

any advice would be awesome

cheers

:)

I agree with the Markbass thing - I think they pair really well with the Aggie cabs. Failing that, an Aggie head would be the obvious choice. I think the only thing to do really would be to go and see Mark at Bass Direct or go to the Gallery or The Bass Merchant and take your #1 bass with you. Might be a bit of a mission for you but you will have complete piece of mind and also won't leave your amp at the mercy of Parcel Farce and the like...

Cheers
ped

There are lots of amps that do slap really well (if you really need to go back to the 1980's).

Marcus Miller was an EBS endorsee until Fender paid him to switch to SWR.

Mark King is a tart and will use whatever pays him the most (Trace now Ashdown).

Flea uses GK.

Try it all and buy what you like best.

[quote name='neilb' post='199194' date='May 14 2008, 11:47 PM']Markbass stuff would sound nice with your new cab.[/quote]

ooh i forgot about mark bass

ive never had chance to try that stuff before......for me its hard to believe that they are gonna be loud enough coz they're so flippin small! do they really have the "balls" to cope with really loud drummers? and duel rectifiers?