Why become a member? ×

Carvin XB75P WITHDRAWN

Pinball

[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Here we have 1 Carvin XB75p. Great sounding 5 stringer with lots of sound options. A fantastic sounding bass but I have gone back to playing 4 strings so it isn't used.

Great wood grain with a Koa top and ebony fret board. This is the guitar featured as "Dougals" on the Carvin Museum site.

[url="http://www.carvinmuseum.com/playersgallery/xb75.html"]http://www.carvinmus...llery/xb75.html[/url]

It's a long shot but ideally I would like a 4 string Carvin of similar spec.

Estimated trade value is £XXX with cash either way.

Thanks for looking[/font][/size]

Edited by Pinball

[quote name='dougal' timestamp='1356105345' post='1906950']
Ahh, this did, indeed, used to be mine. Lovely bass.

Bought new from the USA, imported when I moved back and traded on here.

It's got the asymmetrical neck, piezo, stacked humbucker, excellent pre-amp.
[/quote]

AAh Dougal, the man who put it it on the Carvin Museum, nice to communicate. Yes lots of nice sound with loads nice of options. Having said that the controls are simple in practise based around a 3 band EQ. I soon found my sound on it.

I moved over to 3 5 stringers earlier in the year. The others were TRB1005 and a Spector, this is the one I kept in case I decided to go with 5 but now moving back to 4 strings. I figure I need to learn how to play 4 better rather than switching around.

[quote name='Pinball' timestamp='1356946455' post='1915343']
Thanks, last bump I think. It adds some sounds to my armory and it plays smoothly so I'm now thinking I should count my blessings and keep it.
[/quote]
I've got a Carvin BB75 and I just love the sound of it. nothing else comes near. if i haven't taken it out for a while when I do gig it I wonder why the hell isn't it my "Go To" Bass. It's coming with me tonight.

I think if a few of us had £500.00 notes this would have gone matey , its just tight money wise all round at the moment,
lovely looking bass even from the back,
always dreampt of having a carvin bass when loot was the only thing to buy and sell basses carvins came up like once in a blue moon .
if you cant sell her dude then keep the bass.
Ive regretted a few that ive sold.

[quote name='bubinga5' timestamp='1356965619' post='1915725']
imo.. some basses are worth more to keep them than the selling price...
[/quote]

True words!

and thanks to all for thanks advice and comments