Why become a member? ×

Closed - please delete

Sharkfinger

Only ask because I ordered one about 14 weeks ago and still don't have it. Last I heard about a month a half ago were that they were 'now being built'. I've tried emailing Alex a couple of times for an updated ETA over that month and a half (hardly nagging) and once through a PM on here a few days ago but have heard nothing back.

Starting to think I'm being ignored, which is not a nice feeling. Telling myself not to be paranoid but I guess I'm just seeking reassurance here.

Edited by Sharkfinger

I ordered mine at the end of August, and picked it up at the end of November, about a week after the 3 month lead time that Alex quoted.

I know they are very very busy right now and have had some supplier issues, it can take some time to get a reply, but keep trying, Alex can either build cabs or answer email, not both i'm afraid.

Just replied to your email, it's amongst the large pile I've been working my way through. I'm not sure what you're paranoid about, we only have your deposit and that would barely pay for the crossover components?!! We've been waiting on the woofers for an age after our supplier completely screwed up. PMs through here usually get seen and then forgotten if I don't reply immediately, emails very rarely get forgotten (they get labelled into various lists) but often end up in a large queue and as we've been messed around for weeks and weeks by our main supplier I've been holding off replying to those waiting for Big Series cabs until I actually know the score.

They've been a textbook example of how centralising distribution through removing satellite warehouses can be a hopeless mess during the transitional period (this past year) when your computer systems and thus stockflow predictions are not fully integrated. And we and thus you have borne the brunt of it, though at least they're paying for their mistake by having to airfreight product to us (v expensive with speakers because of the magnetic issues).

"Alex can either build cabs or answer email, not both i'm afraid"

Well I'm afraid you DO BOTH or you get a rubbish reputation for very poor customer service, you make the time and you do it
Doesnt have to take a long time or be long winded, just a brief "Sorry, but this is the situation ... " will usually do

And I dont want anyone trying to argue the toss either .... ;)

Adee, I agree. Everyone gets responded to eventually, it's pretty unusual for someone to have to wait this long or send so many messages before they receive a reply - it's probably because I almost never manage to clear out the backlog of emails in the 'to reply to' list and I don't go through them in chronological order, I prioritise them as best I can, so occasionally one person can end up repeatedly missing out on being in a batch of emails I've dealt with. If Frank had emailed saying 'I need my cab for xxx on yyy date then it would have come higher up the priority list, likewise if he'd paid in full and was concerned that we'd run away with his money, etc etc. We do have a telephone here too which usually gets answered during working hours.

The paranoia was about being ignored, which is one of my bugbears, not about money. The lead time I was quoted (about 8 weeks) had long elapsed I simply wanted an update. I have it now. Actually didn't realize there was a contact number on the website, as it's been a few years since I looked at the 'contact us' page.

I have had excellent customer service from Alex in the past and am a repeat customer because of it.

Subject closed.

[quote name='Adee' timestamp='1355316705' post='1896787']
"Alex can either build cabs or answer email, not both i'm afraid"

Well I'm afraid you DO BOTH or you get a rubbish reputation for very poor customer service, you make the time and you do it
Doesnt have to take a long time or be long winded, just a brief "Sorry, but this is the situation ... " will usually do

And I dont want anyone trying to argue the toss either .... ;)
[/quote]

Alex answered every email I sent within a day, personally, but sometimes you have to do other stuff. There is no point expecting a small bespoke company to act like a big mass-producing company, if you don't like the wait, don't buy the cab, I'm sure there's a nice Carlsboro 1x15 over there you could play through.... ;)

Arguing the toss since 1982.

[quote name='alexclaber' timestamp='1355314633' post='1896742']
Just replied to your email, it's amongst the large pile I've been working my way through. I'm not sure what you're paranoid about, we only have your deposit and that would barely pay for the crossover components?!! [/quote]

I don't get this thinking. Irrespective of what it would pay for, a deposit is still a deposit and still money which has been paid out...?

Anyway, as you all were.

Edited by EBS_freak