Why become a member? ×

Fender Made In Japan 90s Jazz Bass For Sale Now SOLD

ash

Here is a superb Fender Japanese Jazz Bass from the 90's - its a 'made in Japan' model and has the large machineheads and Fender 'block' stamped neckplate of the period. It also has the brass plate under the control plate and the 'earth strip' from the bridge to the rear pickup. The pots are the larger variety as opposed to the later 'mini' versions.

The bass has a torti scratchplate and a nice black finish. The body has minor cosmetic finish flaws but is free of dings and cracks. It has the extra strap button on the back of the headstock and 'straplock' type buttons on the body (presumably replacements).

With the exception of two of the strap buttons everything is original and works as it should. The chrome is in great shape and the pickups sound as a good Jazz bass should! Truss rod has lots of play and the slim vintage profile neck is excellent: straight with good frets, a low action and great finish condition.The bass is well balanced and although it is solid and has great sustain its not overly heavy at around 9.6lbs.

I was looking for a trade but I have found something that I want so its now SOLD

Edited by ash

[quote name='bubinga5' timestamp='1354836870' post='1891208']
i believe this may be one of the USA pickup 90's model MIJ RI's... tell tale signs are the big plate tuners and the strap button on the back of the headstock... bit confused about the fender stamped neck plate though... these are fantastic fenders....
[/quote]

The neck plate has 'FENDER' stamped on it at the top of the plate in capitals, similar to the exploded view of the blue Precision bass in Tony Bacon's 'Ultimate Guitar Book' and also The Haynes Fender Bass Manual (I think!). My brother-in-law has an '88 MIJ Strat with the same style plate. Great quality bass this though!

[quote name='ash' timestamp='1354838493' post='1891230']
The neck plate has 'FENDER' stamped on it at the top of the plate in capitals, similar to the exploded view of the blue Precision bass in Tony Bacon's 'Ultimate Guitar Book' and also The Haynes Fender Bass Manual (I think!). My brother-in-law has an '88 MIJ Strat with the same style plate. Great quality bass this though!
[/quote]aahh sorry i thought you meant the fender logo.. my apologies... i had an MIJ in surf green, was a great bass... but it wasnt the higher spec 62 as this is.....

Edited by bubinga5

[quote name='bubinga5' timestamp='1354839578' post='1891237']
aahh sorry i thought you meant the fender logo.. my apologies... i had an MIJ in surf green, was a great bass... but it wasnt the higher spec 62 as this is.....
[/quote]

No apology necessary my original description of the plate was a bit vague :)