Why become a member? ×

Lots of Gas

jonunders

Hi

Lots of people have lots of gas about various pieces of gear. it got me thinking.
Which gear would make the most difference to your setup if you had money to burn.
Take mine for example. G&L2500, Markbass LM111 and a Barefaced ST12t.
Change the Bass, different amp, change or add another cab?

Jonathan

What will make the most difference? Lessons.

You can buy and swap gear all day,but actually spending time studying and playing
will make a much bigger difference.
I'm really bad for buying gear-I've got loads-butI also spend time practicing and studying and
take lessons when I can,and that makes much more difference than buying new stuff.

[quote name='Doddy' timestamp='1354572242' post='1887667']
What will make the most difference? Lessons.

You can buy and swap gear all day,but actually spending time studying and playing
will make a much bigger difference.[/quote]

When you've got decent gear that's true.

I've never been one for buying extra bass guitars because I think they're pretty or chasing 'the one', but I often see a piece of kit that is either going to improve my sound (recently this has been double bass gear, before that it was bass effects) or is lighter/more portable and will thus make rehearsing and gigging a more pleasant experience, there's always those reasons for buying gear.

But yeah if you've got an instrument you're really happy with and your amplified sound isn't giving you nightmares then stick with what you've got and spend the disposable money on lessons.