Why become a member? ×

Please help out bass legend Joe Osborn!

TomRichards

[quote name='Billy Apple' timestamp='1354826542' post='1891046']
Bring this Sprog before me when he has walked in the Desert for a while and I might survey his work.
[/quote]

That's the attitude that I DON'T agree with whatsoever. This kind of remark would have crushed me when I was 14 years old, luckily now I'm a bit older and understand that youngsters have the right to enjoy the right to play music without older generations stifling and critiquing their musicianship every step of the way with the 'walk the desert' talk. The part of this thread that I disagree with is the format at which he is being presented to me, frankly I think it's a massive downer when I see comments like this one. Whether it's jealousy or bitterness I don't know.

[quote name='risingson' timestamp='1354829606' post='1891088']
That's the attitude that I DON'T agree with whatsoever. This kind of remark would have crushed me when I was 14 years old, luckily now I'm a bit older and understand that youngsters have the right to enjoy the right to play music without older generations stifling and critiquing their musicianship every step of the way with the 'walk the desert' talk. The part of this thread that I disagree with is the format at which he is being presented to me, frankly I think it's a massive downer when I see comments like this one. Whether it's jealousy or bitterness I don't know.
[/quote]

I don't care what a 14 year old would think. I just don't inhabit that world. Toughen-up sonny, life aint kind. Sorry, I'm just not standing for this crap where people come on and ask for this nonsense Jealousy, bitterness? well of course, I'm an adult, so I'm riddled with it. But I don't look for others endorsement of it.

Edited by Billy Apple

[quote name='Billy Apple' timestamp='1354830001' post='1891098']
I don't care what a 14 year old would think. I just don't inhabit that world. Toughen-up sonny, life aint kind. Sorry, I'm just not standing for this crap where people come on and ask for this nonsense Jealousy, bitterness? well of course, I'm an adult, so I'm riddled with it. But I don't look for others endorsement of it.
[/quote]

I agree that the premise of the thread is rubbish, but younger generations have the right to explore music without getting hounded. And if you're riddled with jealousy and bitterness then give some thought to if you had a son or daughter of this age, who knows, maybe you do. The trial by fire thing is total bollocks and no, I won't endorse it, it's a shame it is entertained in this context at all.

[quote name='risingson' timestamp='1354830297' post='1891101']
I agree that the premise of the thread is rubbish
[/quote]
Agreed

but younger generations have the right to explore music without getting hounded
[/quote]
I agree.

And if you're riddled with jealousy and bitterness
[/quote]
I'm riddled with lots of stuff, I'm an adult, so it's kind of ingrained now. But it's not all bad.

then give some thought to if you had a son or daughter of this age,
[/quote]
That's precisely what I'm doing by not imposing any expectations on them, and allowing them to be themselves at their own speed in their own world.

The trial by fire thing is total bollocks and no, I won't endorse it, it's a shame it is entertained in this context at all.
[/quote]
Agree

[quote name='redstriper' timestamp='1354833606' post='1891159']
And for God's sake can we now get back to the OP and -
[b] Please help out bass legend Joe Osborn![/b]
[b] :lol:[/b]
[/quote]

You have come in twelve bars to late mate - The comp is all done and dusted, and he won..... :lol:

Garry