Why become a member? ×

Hello, now how on earth does this work?

Tuono

Hi Basschat folks. I am new here and so thought I would say hello. I have been a low end enthusiast for a long time having bought my first bass when I was 14 but didn't progress much beyond bonging the E string just for the joy of it. That was almost 40 years ago and though I haven't improved a lot since then, I found a while back I could give a bit more time and effort to playing and eventually ended up in a Celtic rock band, Vortigern.
I am a great believer in keeping my bass lines simple (not a lot of choice there) and thunderous, leaving others to do the twiddly bits. In a gig we will play a wide range from folk through to almost celtmetal (huh....does that exist then?) so I suppose I am fortunate to play a good range in one band; I would like to play all manner of stuff but only have so much time and opportunity!
I expect the basses I now have will be with me for a long time; I have an Overwater Progress 5 string and an Overwater Perception 5 fretless (thinking of going to flatwound on this) with Steinberg style dots so I know where I am. The basses are outstanding and the lads at Overwater are great so as I am just a few miles down the road from them it suits me fine.
Rig wise I am in the process of change, I had a Hartke 2x10,4x10 and 2x15 with an HA7000 head and have changed the two smaller cabs for a pair of Hydrive 1x12s. I am swapping the HA7000 for an LH1000.
So that is me and mine. How on earth I upload a photo I don't know....or add anything else to my profile for that matter! Maybe I'm not too hot on a bass but I'm a no hoper with computers.

Welcome to basschat Tuone,

Lovely choice of basses you have. I had my overwater fretless in for a refurb down at the workshop and found the guys really helpful. Darn it, i was trying to upload a pic too.......your not the only one hopeless with computers!

Cheers Leen.

A number of people have been having problems posting photos recently. Here's a link to instruction on how to do it. I think the best way is to use the second bit where you use a photo hosting site like Photobucket.com.

http://basschat.co.uk/topic/191620-how-to-add-a-picture-to-your-post/

Have fun on the forum and don't feel put out if no-one replies to your posts.

Edited by BassBus

Hey Tuone,

Welcome to BC!
Great introduction you wrote. Thanks.
You'll fit right in here, I'm sure.

[quote name='Tuono' timestamp='1353953646' post='1880222']
I am a great believer in keeping my bass lines simple
[/quote]

Ah! Adam Claytuono! Should have named your other band, though. That modesty is not becoming.

Anyway, enjoy the site and the banter!

All the best,
E-bert (I still only play the low E, but have just received a tip on trying a flat B or something, Idunno).

[quote name='Tuono' timestamp='1353956644' post='1880280']
Thanks Leen. Fifer eh? My wife is a wee bit familiar with Kirkaldy having done some of her growing up there. They invent some good music north of the border,we nick it (and hope we do it justice)
[/quote]

I used to gig in Kirkcaldy when I was younger.....a long time ago! I think there must be a problem with uploading pictures, its just not playing!

[quote name='Tuono' timestamp='1353956644' post='1880280']
Thanks Leen. Fifer eh? My wife is a wee bit familiar with Kirkaldy
[/quote]

Ouch! I came in too late to warn you: Don't mention the war! Don't mention Kirkaldy!
Sorry, mate! ;)

Edit: Demmit! Leen beat me to it! Hate you, my friend! :P

best,
bert

Edited by BassTractor

[quote name='Leen2112' timestamp='1353968047' post='1880435']
Yeah Bert, how is that progressing then?
[/quote]

Sorry, Leen. Nothing has happened. I do have the string lying here, but haven't put it on yet. Too busy trying to sell the bass. I guess nobody wants a bass with three roundwounds and a flat B.