Why become a member? ×

November Composition Competition - Voting Time!

charic

[quote name='dave_bass5' timestamp='1354542660' post='1887137']
No problem Nig. As i said it was just hanging around. Glad you found such a good use for it.

Funny enough both my sons are now getting in to playing keyboards. The youngest is getting a lovely workstation for Christmas. The keys light up so will be great for leaning songs. Its not midi or even USB but its going to be ideal for him (and yes, we got him some good headphones as well :).

The eldest loves Garageband on my iPad2 and has started to create some "music" on his PC with my Roland midi controller, but was wanting something bigger with more keys and sounds built in, so it will be handy to get the Korg back whenever you've finished with it. Definitely no rush though.

The Novation looks great, i'd like something like that if i get back in to playing keys and recording. I hope it works out for you.
When i was at the gadget show on Friday i almost got my son one of these, until i saw the price. OMG is the term that comes to mind. I was thinking its like Casio VL1 updated but oh no, much more than that. Very nice piece of kit though.

[url="http://www.teenageengineering.com/products/op-1"]http://www.teenageen...m/products/op-1[/url]
[/quote]

Thanks again Dave!

I'm so pleased your nippers are getting into music! And glad the Korg will get much use in its rightful home :) Let me know when you'd like me to get it back to you, is Jan ok?

That Teenage device looks amazing, and really weird :D But the price tag :o

Thanks Nigel.
Im glad they are getting in to music, and more so that the little one is getting in to keyboards. Until now he was adamant he was going to take up drums or violin. Not a chance lol.

Jan is fine for the Korg, Feb even, whenever you are finished with it is fine. Im sure by then the eldest will be on to something else or gone off the idea.

[quote name='silddx' timestamp='1354268513' post='1884193']
And there are a good few that have had many fewer listens than there are votes, which is also a bloody shame.

Never mind.
[/quote]
Just noticed there was a section which lists members and when they joined. Looked like a lot joined towards the end of november and haven't made any posts since, so it was probably what a few of you were saying about a lot of people seeing the facebook link and voting.