Why become a member? ×

Phil Jones Briefcase * SOLD PENDING *

Clarky

I bought this a few months back to use as a transport-friendly DB combo. However I prefer the sound of my Acoustic Image head through a small cab (I now have a Crazy 8 cab from the US which is crystal clear and very small) and so this is surplus to requirements. Its the rarely seen oxblood red version and is in excellent, as-new condition (done a couple of coffee-shop type gigs, a few rehearsals but mainly home use). Looks like this: [url="http://shoppingcart.djangobooks.com/media/ecom/prodxl/aad-phil-jones-briefcase-pjb-100-red.jpg"]http://shoppingcart....pjb-100-red.jpg[/url] (I can't upload pics right now, like others have experienced with the ongoing site problems).

I paid £550 and will let it go for £385 posted or £370 collected (London) - it really is in excellent condition so I think this is a fair price (30% off new) and you know from my feedback that I speaka-da-truth

Edited by Clarky

I have a 'basic black' briefcase - according to PJB's excellent customer service its a very early model and it sounds just perfect to my ears. These things are probably the ultimate in small home/intimate gig combos - oh and dont get me started about how good the 'one knob' limiter is! At £370 somebody is going to get an absolute bargain!

Thanks JPJ! I think it's a fabulous deal too. The combo is excellent for electric and upright bass and only falls down on the latter as it doesn't have the DB specific functionality of my Acoustic Image head (high pass and notch filters plus phase switch). Which could of course be compensated for by putting a DB pre in the signal chain (Plat Pro etc) if you so wished.

Edited by Clarky