Why become a member? ×

Lenny Kravitz - Are You Gonna Go My Way

Hobbayne

[quote name='mep' timestamp='1352839380' post='1868284']
OK. this is the transcription for the whole song from a 1993 guitar magazine.
[/quote]

Yes that's the one. It's great. 5 bar, 6 bar, 9 bar and 17 bar sections and a bar of 2/4 thrown in for good measure. Drummers nightmare ;)

Edited by TimR

[quote name='mep' timestamp='1352839380' post='1868284']Edit. I had a look at Evil Undead's tab and it's good, but it's only for the first half of the solo. The second half is different, although you could repeat the first half.
[/quote]

Aye, it should be different but I do repeat the first half, pretty much anyway ;)

[quote name='mep' timestamp='1352839380' post='1868284']
OK. this is the transcription for the whole song from a 1993 guitar magazine. Our guitarist has shed loads of these mags and always seems to have transcriptions for the songs we need.

Enjoy. :)

Edit. I had a look at Evil Undead's tab and it's good, but it's only for the first half of the solo. The second half is different, although you could repeat the first half. I have done a few variations of this when I have forgotten the order and mixed it up and also changed a few notes. It's worth doing it right if you can and also getting the correct rhythm variations between the verses and all the runs. Also we keep the syncopated bit in the 2nd verse the same as the 1st verse to make it easier. That second verse bit is odd! Our drummer did it in his old band and the bass player did some real lame-ass version for the whole song. Don't make that mistake. BTW you need a decent drummer to get the feel right.
[/quote]

Thanks for that! and Evil Undead too :D Seems I wasnt too far off. Its a great line, any idea who played it?

It's a great song and a classic video to boot too!

The whole lighting rig in the ceiling was made out of around 1,000 refrigerator bulbs and it took one poor chap pretty much an entire week to manually program the looks with about 3 hours sleep for the whole time.

Lenny wanted to tour the rig after seeing the video, until someone had a quiet word and he realised it just wasn't possible.

I know what you mean, it used to be a regular in the set I was doing with a band 7 or 8 years back but considering the work we put into getting it sounding pretty good (despite a slightly average drummer) it was never a 'big' song. Of the rock covers bands I've seen in the last few years I only recall one still doing it so maybe it has had its time anyway.